1 (edited by bobbo1981 2011-12-12 20:35:44)

Topic: [SOLVED] Mailbox path

Hi!
I just instales iRedMail 0.7.3 on Debian 6.0.
I have set de path for mail to: /home/vmail
By defaul it was created teh user www and the path to his mail is: /home/vmail/vmail1/mydomain.com/w/w/w/www-2011.12.11.11.34.06/MailDir
I have created 2 more accounts test1 and test2 and the path to the mail folder is:
test1 -> /home/vmail/vmail1/mydomain.com/t/e/s/test-2011.12.11.12.05.02/MailDir
test2 -> /home/vmail/vmail1/mydomain.com/t/e/s/test-2011.12.11.12.08.09/MailDir

I found that is very tricky to understand with user is alocated to with folder.
How can I simplyfi that path to:
test1 -> /home/vmail/mydomain.com/test1/MailDir
test2 -> /home/vmail/mydomain.com/test2/MailDir

I realy need to simplifu things, but if I have made some bad configuration I don't now where.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOLVED] Mailbox path

May i know how you created new accounts? with which tool/command?

If you created new users with scripts shipped in iRedMail, "iRedMail-x.y.z/tools/creae_mail_user_*.sh", please open it and search 'MAILDIR_STYLE'.

If you created new users with iRedAdmin-Pro, please search these three variables in file "libs/settings.py":

- MAILDIR_HASHED
- MAILDIR_PREPEND_DOMAIN
- MAILDIR_APPEND_TIMESTAMP

This maildir style is used to avoid too many files/directories under same directory, it can speedup file locating operation (for example, commands "ls"), which means it will be faster when you have many files/directories under same directory.

Thanks!
I have created the users from iRedAdmin console but i have found the solution for my problem in libs/iredutils.py not libs/settings.py!

bobbo1981 wrote:

I have created the users from iRedAdmin console but i have found the solution for my problem in libs/iredutils.py not libs/settings.py!

Oh, then you're running iRedAdmin open source edition. smile