1 (edited by mrlonely78 2011-12-07 11:13:19)

Topic: Dbmailadmin reading vmail db instead of dbmail db

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: iRedmail 0.7.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 5.5 x86_64
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Dear support,

I have installed and configured my iredmail with dbmail as per your online guide, all is working even, my roundcube is also working fine.

Unfortunately, when login to iredadmin, i can login, but i noticed, there is no domain account that i created via dbmail-user command being displayed at the iredadmin.

Then, i notice got dbmailadmin, so i install as per your guide, but unfortunately, since its using iredadmin module, so the display still shows what iredadmin shows.

In summary, iredadmin point to vmail db, and dbmailadmin as well point to vmail db.

But my postfix and dbmail is point to dbmail db.

I have tested as per guide, all is working, i can send via port 25, login via port 110 and port 143 as well.

Please help.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Dbmailadmin reading vmail db instead of dbmail db

mrlonely78 wrote:

In summary, iredadmin point to vmail db, and dbmailadmin as well point to vmail db.

Sorry, what do you mean DBMailAdmin point to vmail db? Any error message?

Hi,

My setup as follows;

Application: Server 1 (DBmail + Postfix + rouncube + iredmailadmin + dbmailadmin) -> server 2 (DBmail database)

Database: Server 1 (vmail, iredmailadmin, dbmailadmin) -> server 2 (dbmail)

Rouncube and Postifx point to server 2 = dbmail database.

iredmailadmin and dbmailadmin point to server 1 = vmail database.

I understand why roundcube works because the configuration is using imap for authentication, so since my postfix + dbmail is working, so roundcube is working.

Dbmailadmin need to change some setting.ini under dbmail parameter.

iredmail is using default setting.ini when setup.

hope this help.

mrlonely78 wrote:

Dbmailadmin need to change some setting.ini under dbmail parameter.

DBMailAdmin uses '127.0.0.1' as MySQL server by default, you should change to IP address (or hostname) of server 2 since DBMail database is running on server 2.

Do you have DBMailAdmin running now?