Topic: phpLDAPAdmin Wilcard Domain Alias or Wildcard Mail Alias

Hello all together,

unless i have the money for iRedAdmin Pro LDAP i need to get done this manually.

I managed to create Maillists and Aliases for one domain, which work great.
but i have 9 Domains and i want to send a mail to me@domain2.com which should be redirected to me@domain1.com - same for domain3 and so on.
so me@domain1.com is my mailadress and the others are aliases.
but i dont want to create every alias for every domain. instead i want to create ONE alias like *@domain2.com which redirects every mail to the corresponding mailadress on domain1.com. (i got done this in postfixadmin but now i have LDAP)

Is there a way to get this done in phpLDAPAdmin?

Thanks for every help.

BTW. i didnt tried *@domain2.com with redirect to *@domain1.com yet - dont wanna kill something^^

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.3 stable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Squeeze 6.0.1
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: phpLDAPAdmin Wilcard Domain Alias or Wildcard Mail Alias

Several ways to achieve this.

- Create alias in Postfix directly, it works as you described. Reference: http://www.postfix.org/virtual.5.html
- Create 9 domains, and add a catchall account for domain2.com ... domain9.com.
- Create alias domain with iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP, then what you need to do is managing mail accounts under one domain.
Screenshot of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP attached:
http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/domain_profile_alias.png

Thanks for your answers,

as we´re just a Start-up Company with very limited budget we´re unable to buy iRedAdmin PRO LDAP at the moment, so i need a "free" way to achieve this.
BTW: We´re already planning to buy a lifetime license by Q1 2012 as i really like iRedAdmin and iam responsible for those things in our company.

So your second mark means, i can create a catchall mailadress within iredadmin non-pro?
or is it possible to create one with phpLDAPAdmin?
Or how does it look like in postfix? postmap?

Thank you for your great help!

martinseener wrote:

So your second mark means, i can create a catchall mailadress within iredadmin non-pro?
or is it possible to create one with phpLDAPAdmin?
Or how does it look like in postfix? postmap?

I mean with phpLDAPadmin. iRedAdmin open source edition doesn't have this feature.

There's wiki tutorial shows how to create catch-all account with phpLDAPadmin, Hope it helps:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … /Catch-all

After you created catch-all account, all emails sent to non-exist mail users will be sent to this catch-all account.

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

iam sorry if we misunderstood each other but the catchall thing youve mentioned isnt that what iam looking for.

in case i have a domain "domain1.com" with several users (real people) for example user1@domain1.com which is a normal Mailbox.

now this user should be able to receive mail on user1@domain2.com but this has to be an "alias" if you want. I know i should be able to create an alias for each user on each domainX.com (X/=1) but with some more users this is a really time consuming work.

is there a way in phpLDAPAdmin to create a wildcard-alias for each domain like *@domain2.com -> *@domain1.com so user1@domain2.com will be redirected to user1@domain1.com inbox.
and every other mail will be redirected for ex. maillist2@domain2.com if theres NO maillist2@domain1.com.

as well as maillists should work for example list1@domain2.com should also be redirected to list1@domain1.com and then to every group member of this list in domain1.com.

is this possible? if yes, please help me how to configure this - i tried about 2 hours now, but didnt get a working result sad

Thank you for any help!

Martin

I didn't configure similar feature before, no idea yet. Sorry.

What i can remember is domain alias + catch-all account, i think it should be enough.

It must work - i configured this with postifxadmin before.
its just a Domain-Alias as i remember correctly.

so domain2.com is a domain alias for domain1.com - mails to user1@domain2.com will be redirected to user1@domain1.com.

Is this possible with LDAP?

As mentioned in early posts, domain alias works fine with LDAP, you can manage alias domains with iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP if you purchased it, otherwise you have to manage it with phpLDAPadmin.

http://screenshots.iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iredadmin/domain_profile_alias.png

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

As mentioned in early posts, domain alias works fine with LDAP, you can manage alias domains with iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP if you purchased it, otherwise you have to manage it with phpLDAPadmin.

Can you please provide a small example for that? (or basically what iredadmin pro creates in an ldap?)
that would help me alot!!

Thank you!

It will store a new value in primary domain:

domainAliasName: alias.domain.com

Then add a new email address for all email accounts. For example, mail user will has new attribute/value pair:

mail: username@primary.domain.com
shadowAddress: username@alias.domain.com