1 (edited by xlancealotx 2011-08-19 04:52:42)

Topic: Queue freezing, refusing and load keeps getting pinned

Since yesterday and using the box more, the server has stopped sending mail with connection delays, etc.   Both times the server load was greater than 14 with the CPU numbers over 100% on both;
clamd and amavisd-new.

Once I stop them, wait, restart all, things work again, but this box does not recieve mail, only send.  I tried to stop them and just run postfix, but was getting errors like;
(11056-02-13) (!!)TROUBLE in check_mail: virus_scan FAILED: AV: ALL VIRUS SCANNERS FAILED

So, how can I disable those 2 things as I don't need them, this just sends mail out and after disableing things, make postfix still send the mail out.

Thanks

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: iRedAdmin     v0.1.4 (MySQL)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 10.04LTS
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Note:  I do see the upgrade available now, not sure if that will help or not but I will look to do that later tonight.

** Update **

I did poke around and commented the last line of the main.cf  which had the content_filter, stopped clam, amavis and then restarted postfix and mail seems to be going out fine, so I assume that did the trick.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Queue freezing, refusing and load keeps getting pinned

xlancealotx wrote:

(11056-02-13) (!!)TROUBLE in check_mail: virus_scan FAILED: AV: ALL VIRUS SCANNERS FAILED

Looks like your ClamAV virus database is out-of-date, try running command 'freshclam' to update it, then restart ClamAV service.
it should work as expected after updating.