1 (edited by mmh 2011-08-18 14:56:45)

Topic: Migration to iredmail

Hi

We are in the process of migration our old courier/exim/amavis/postgresql setup to iRedMail, which looks very promising. We have 150 domains hosted with only 3-10 accounts each. We have export/import working, but currenty have two issues.

The first is about recipient_delimiter i postfix. Our old system used "-" which allowed mail to user-random@domain to be delivered to user@domain. In iredmail and postfix the default is to use "+". Will anything break if we change that to "-"? The mailinglists maybe?

The second issue is about migration imap maildirs from courier to dovecot and roundcube. We do use the scripts from http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier, and the maildirs seem to work from an imap client. But in roundcube no folders show up. Any expiernce with something like that or any hints at what we should look for?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migration to iredmail

mmh wrote:

The first is about recipient_delimiter i postfix. Our old system used "-" which allowed mail to user-random@domain to be delivered to user@domain. In iredmail and postfix the default is to use "+". Will anything break if we change that to "-"? The mailinglists maybe?

Only mail list will use recipient_delimiter by default. Maybe you can replace '-' with '+' during account migration?

mmh wrote:

The second issue is about migration imap maildirs from courier to dovecot and roundcube. We do use the scripts from http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/Courier, and the maildirs seem to work from an imap client. But in roundcube no folders show up.

- Can you see email after re-login to Roundcube?
- Where did you place migrated mail messages in maildir? Is it directory 'cur/' of mailbox?

3 (edited by mmh 2011-08-18 19:26:25)

Only mail list will use recipient_delimiter by default. Maybe you can replace '-' with '+' during account migration?

The problem is that our user have registered with services using their -XX addresses. We will have to try hard to keep delivering those mails. I think our options are to either disable mail liste, have mailman use - at delimiter, og have postfix accept both + and - as delimiter

- Can you see email after re-login to Roundcube?

We can see mail from the inbox, but no folders are showing up.

- Where did you place migrated mail messages in maildir? Is it directory 'cur/' of mailbox?

The mail is in Maildir/cur (or Maildir/new). An example folder is in Maildir/.Folder/cur. Some even have subfolders in Maildir/.Folder.Subfolder/cur

We did try with different options in Roundcubes main.inc.php, like:
$rcmail_config['imap_delimiter'] = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_ns_personal'] = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_ns_other']    = null;
$rcmail_config['imap_ns_shared']   = null;
And other combinations. But without success.

mmh wrote:

The problem is that our user have registered with services using their -XX addresses. We will have to try hard to keep delivering those mails. I think our options are to either disable mail liste, have mailman use - at delimiter, og have postfix accept both + and - as delimiter

The easiest way is making Postfix use '-' instead of '+', but i'm afraid that you cannot use both.

mmh wrote:

We can see mail from the inbox, but no folders are showing up.

Folder name is starting with a dot. e.g. Folder 'Sent' is '.Sent' in mailbox, 'Draft' is '.Draft'.