Topic: Can we smtp mailrelay using mtatransport with a username and password?
I'm trying to have all outbound mail for my domain "mydomain.com" relayed to an external mail relay service, as my ISP block's contacting smtp destination server's directly. (It is an external smtp service that will relay for my own domain.)
It is addressable as smtp1.dnsmadeeasycom:25
I've read through all the posts I could find, but am missing one piece I think.
Here's what I've done so far:
1) I've set mtaTransport to smtp:[smtp1.dnsmadeeasy.com] in domainName = mydomain.com in LDAP db
2) I've set 'domainBackupMX=yes' of my domain in LDAP.
3) I've commented out 'relay_recipient_maps' in postfix /etc/postfix/main.cf (actually it was already commented out)
4) (Yes, I've restarted everything)
The problem is that my mail relay server requires me to have a username and password to authenticate to their SMTP service...
I don't know how to do this last piece, and I couldn't derive from any of the other posts. Any ideas?
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.