Topic: Mail logging and awstats

- iRedMail version: 0.7.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian lenny
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.

Hi, I cannot configure awstats to show results of my mail logs. The current web-awstats is only showing results from one week in July. I get an error when I try to 'Update' from the web, even though the cron job runs fine. My mail log files are:

/var/log:

-rw-r-----  1 syslog   adm       2570349 Jul 24 05:05 mail.log.1
-rw-r-----  1 syslog   adm        243535 Jul 17 05:13 mail.log.2.gz
-rw-r-----  1 syslog   adm        382823 Jul 10 05:06 mail.log.3.gz
-rw-r-----  1 syslog   adm        354516 Jul  3 05:15 mail.log.4.gz

in awstats.smtp.conf the setting reads:

LogFile="perl /usr/local/awstats/maillogconvert.pl standard < /var/log/mail.log"

I have also tried combining all the log files into one and setting this option in awstats.conf, but the web version is not updated.

In the web version I keep receiving the Error: Command for pipe 'perl /usr/share/doc/awstats/examples/maillogconvert.pl standard < /var/log/mail.log |' failed
Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.smtp.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

when trying to do an Update. I have read http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic1017 … -work.html to no avail

Since my Iredmail configuration is unchanged, I'd really love to see a guide for how to get awtstats up and running, using the default settings. Also, it might be helpful to find out how to split  mail logs per domain

thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail logging and awstats

There will be two cron jobs for system account 'root', you can see them with command:

# crontab -l root

Below is an example on Ubuntu 10.04.1 (x86_64):

# crontab -l
1   */1   *   *   *   perl /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl -config=web -update >/dev/null
1   */1   *   *   *   perl /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl -config=smtp -update >/dev/null

They updates Awstats analytics results every hour. So if Awstats is not working on your Debian Lenny, please try to execute them manually, then post output of commands here for troubleshooting.