Topic: Email Delivery

Can someone comment on Email Delivery using iRedMail ?     I would like to develop an application that would send out high volume emails in the Social Media space.    Would iRedMail be a good product for my development company to consider?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Email Delivery

iRedMail is not designed for high volume mali deliver BY DEFAULT, you should tune it yourself to achieve that.
Personally, i recommend you to choose other products like Amazon SES (Simple Email Service), MailChimp, stay focus on your product.

Thanks for the reply.    I have a couple of questions.   Could iRedMail with the right technical staff be configured to handle high volume if there is a big question on costs associated with Amazon SES or MailChimp?    High volume would be 25 to 50 million emails per month, of a transactional nature.
Also, anyone know the unique differences between Amazon SES and MailChimp?       MailChimp even references they recommend Amazon SES on the backend of transactional emails.   
Just trying to check out all the options.

To clarify, I read what exactly is a transactional email, and the emails I am talking about would not be transactional.   They are basically infomrational, with links back to specific parts of the website, but do not have sales transactions in them.

klbedwe wrote:

Could iRedMail with the right technical staff be configured to handle high volume... High volume would be 25 to 50 million emails per month, of a transactional nature.

So, about 1-2 million every day. It should be OK.

Reference:
http://www.postfix.org/TUNING_README.html

Search this forum will give you some more tips about performance tuning in iRedMail.