Topic: cyrus-sasl and relayhost, comcast.net issue

Well, now bumping into comcast.net issues. Following this solution...

http://justatheory.com/computers/mail/p … mcast.html

So I did the above (using mail.comcast.net as a relay and created a sasl_password file to hold the login info).

Seeing this in maillog:

Jul  8 23:56:53 mail postfix/smtp[87780]: warning: unsupported SASL client implementation: cyrus
Jul  8 23:56:53 mail postfix/smtp[87780]: fatal: SASL library initialization
Jul  8 23:56:54 mail postfix/master[74480]: warning: process /usr/local/libexec/postfix/smtp pid 87780 exit status 1
Jul  8 23:56:54 mail postfix/master[74480]: warning: /usr/local/libexec/postfix/smtp: bad command startup -- throttling

The relayhost attempt doesn't seem to work and perhaps that is due to the cyrus-sasl problem?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: cyrus-sasl and relayhost, comcast.net issue

First of all, we don't official provide support for third-party applications which is not shipped in iRedMail.

redshirt wrote:

Jul  8 23:56:53 mail postfix/smtp[87780]: warning: unsupported SASL client implementation: cyrus

Postfix uses dovecot as SMTP SASL auth. iRedMail has this setting by default:

smtpd_sasl_type=dovecot
smtpd_sasl_path=./dovecot-auth

Please make sure you're running iRedMail first, otherwise your posts will be ignored.

Gees, you know I have iRedMail installed! You've been very helpful with the process!

cyrus-sasl must have been installed by default by another package. I'll look for the smtpd settings and dependencies. This is why I installed this in a jail, so I could eliminate conflicts without impinging on some other process.

Oh yeah. I do have the relay working. It was an error in my entry ... did sasl_passwd, but made a file named sasl_password.

So that works. I'll still try to get rid of cyrus-sasl.

redshirt wrote:

cyrus-sasl must have been installed by default by another package.

As i remember, cyrus-sasl is a dependency of postfix, you can enable saslauthd for SMTP sasl auth too, but we prefer Dovecot in iRedMail.