Topic: a new comer's questions

Hi there,

i wished there is a searching function in the Support section, so that i can see if someone else already have the same questions asked and answered. Anyway, thanks a lot in advance for any comments.

Q1) how to test the spam?
i tried to send an email from external domain, with GTUBE test code, however, no SPAM flag was marked on that message.
the only flag i see in the message is:
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at mailserver.mydomain.com
and in maillog:
Jul  6 15:00:15 mail1 amavis[14974]: (14974-12) Passed SPAM, LOCAL [x.x.x.x] [y.y.y.y].....
where x.x.x.x is the smtp server ip, y.y.y.y is the ip of my outlook workstation.
service spamd is on.

Q2) how to remove the timestamp /home/vmail/domain.com/user-timestamp here?
sorry, i don't know why a time stamp was needed in my case, where can i turn it off when doing the iredmail setup,
and in the iredadmin-pro-mysql.

Q3) amavisd high RAM consumption.
i see amavisd is using 4.4% of total 2GB ram, which is the highest in the 'top' listing,
is that normal?

Thanks a lot for your comments. smile

miles_hc

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: a new comer's questions

smile
i found the searching function....

miles_hc wrote:

Q1) how to test the spam?
i tried to send an email from external domain, with GTUBE test code, however, no SPAM flag was marked on that message.
the only flag i see in the message is:
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at mailserver.mydomain.com
and in maillog:
Jul  6 15:00:15 mail1 amavis[14974]: (14974-12) Passed SPAM, LOCAL [x.x.x.x] [y.y.y.y].....
where x.x.x.x is the smtp server ip, y.y.y.y is the ip of my outlook workstation.
service spamd is on.

Service spamd should be off by default in iRedMail, because SpamAssassin is invoked by Amavisd.
It shows 'Passed SPAM' in log file, that means spam detection is correct.

miles_hc wrote:

Q2) how to remove the timestamp /home/vmail/domain.com/user-timestamp here?
sorry, i don't know why a time stamp was needed in my case, where can i turn it off when doing the iredmail setup,
and in the iredadmin-pro-mysql.

*) How to turn it off when doing the iredmail setup:

Remove '-${DATE}' in function 'hash_maildir()', file 'conf/core'.

*) Turn it off in iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL, version 1.2.1.

Set 'MAILDIR_APPEND_TIMESTAMP = False' in libs/settings.py.

miles_hc wrote:

Q3) amavisd high RAM consumption.
i see amavisd is using 4.4% of total 2GB ram, which is the highest in the 'top' listing,
is that normal?

4.4% is not so high.

Amavisd will invoke SpamAssassin for content-based anti-spam checking, invoke ClamAV for virus checking. So it will take more system resources than other components.

Hi Zhang, Thanks for the reply.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Service spamd should be off by default in iRedMail, because SpamAssassin is invoked by Amavisd.
It shows 'Passed SPAM' in log file, that means spam detection is correct.

but, why that GTUBE test message is classified as NOT SPAM?