Topic: LDAP Migration Script - Users can't login to webmail

I exported a listing of all users from our existing qmail server.

I then put that information into the following format:
domain.ext, username, password, Common Name, quota,       <--- notice I did not add any groups to the end of that line

I downloaded the python script for converting my csv file to an ldif file.

I used the script and then took the users.csv.ldif file that it created and imported that ldif file into the system using phpldapadmin.

The users all show under phpLDAPadmin.

The users also show under the iredadmin interface as accounts in my domain.

However, the problems are the following:

1 - There are no maildirs created for these users.

2 - None of my imported users can log into roundcube. I get the following error from roundcube:

Jun 30 16:46:51 mail roundcube: IMAP Error: Login failed for user@domain.org from 24.88.123.123. AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: Authentication failed. in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.5.3/program/include/rcube_imap.php on line 192 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)

I am able to create a new user within iredadmin and I can then log into roundcube as that user.

However, even at that point, I cannot send any mail using roundcube. I get the following smtp error from roundcube:

SMTP Error (450): Failed to add recipient "user@gmail.com" (4.1.2: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found)

and I see the following error in /var/log/mail.info:

Jun 30 18:07:01 mail postfix/smtpd[6046]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.domain.org[127.0.0.1]: 450 4.1.2 <user@gmail.com>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found; from=<jdoe@domain.org> to=<user@gmail.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.domain.org>

What am I missing??

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP Migration Script - Users can't login to webmail

Update:

I restarted postfix and now the users I create directly in iredadmin can now log in, send mail and receive mail.

However, I am still having the issue that none of my imported users are able to log into roundcube. Nor are the maildirs for those users created up import.

Thanks

Well, I dumped all my imported users (after having restarted postfix). I then reimported them and they can all log into their accounts now.

Thanks.

Well... crud... I still have a problem.

None of the folders for any of the imported users were created.

Is there anyway of doing so without having to log into roundcube as each one???

Thanks.

Well. I realized mailboxes were being created for users as email came in for their accounts. So, I logged in and sent a test email to all users using the global address book.

Next, I used imapsync to copy over all emails to the new server from the old.

So... I think that has us good to go!

Thanks!