Topic: Display name not reflecting in mails received from iRedmail

We are not able view the Display name in the mails received from iRedmail server, instead we see only user@domain.com

iRedmail version-0.7.2

Thanks,

Regards,
Mohan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Display name not reflecting in mails received from iRedmail

mohan wrote:

We are not able view the Display name in the mails received from iRedmail server, instead we see only user@domain.com

View display name within which application? Roundcube webmail?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mohan wrote:

View display name within which application? Roundcube webmail?

yes we are using default roundcubemail in 0.7.2

mohan wrote:

Sorry, i don't quite understand. Can you help capture a screenshot to explain this issue?

If sender write "user@domain.com" instead of "Display Name <user@domain.com>" as recipient address, recipient can't see the Display Name. Roundcube won't query LDAP server to show you "Display Name" of this recipient automatically.

Hi Zhang,

I am sending the screen shot for your reference

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mohan wrote:

Sorry, i don't quite understand. Can you help capture a screenshot to explain this issue?

If sender write "user@domain.com" instead of "Display Name <user@domain.com>" as recipient address, recipient can't see the Display Name. Roundcube won't query LDAP server to show you "Display Name" of this recipient automatically.

Post's attachments

iRedmailScreenshot-senderDisplay.jpg
iRedmailScreenshot-senderDisplay.jpg 156.11 kb, 6 downloads since 2011-06-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

You should check RAW email message to verify whether it's composed with "Display Name <user@domain.com>" or just "user@domain.com". This is a mail client issue, not server issue.

May i know how you sent this email? Did you configure this account with a name (Roundcube -> Settings -> Identities)?

Hi Zhang,

Now the display name we are getting in the mails received, after setting in the identity.

Thanks,

Regards,
Mohan

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You should check RAW email message to verify whether it's composed with "Display Name <user@domain.com>" or just "user@domain.com". This is a mail client issue, not server issue.

May i know how you sent this email? Did you configure this account with a name (Roundcube -> Settings -> Identities)?

Post's attachments

maididwithDisplayname.jpg
maididwithDisplayname.jpg 123.51 kb, 1 downloads since 2011-06-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks a lot, after adding display name in Identities, it worked!!

Now, look like I need to type display names at two places, one while creating user and second in the identities.
Is there any way where display name typed at the time of creating user will get automatically inserted in the identity for the same mail id.

Thanks for the help provided.

Mohan

mohan wrote:

Is there any way where display name typed at the time of creating user will get automatically inserted in the identity for the same mail id.

No. Sorry. sad