Topic: 0.7.1 to 0.7.1

My question is in general, how to you upgrade the iRedMail version. I can easily upgrade the iRedAdmin version, but there is no documentation to explain the process for upgrading iRedMail in place. Do you simply run the .sh script again, and do you need to enter all the domain information again. Since there is no documentation I assume it so simple it doens't need any. I dont want to ruin a perfectly good installaion for the sake of a few tweak.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 0.7.1 to 0.7.1

You can find all upgrade tutorials for iRedMail below, and have to upgrade it manually:
http://iredmail.org/doc.html#upgrade_tutorial

It's not my post but I've the same problem. Using the .sh script does a new fresh install, right?
And the upgrade tutorial covers only upgrading iRedAdmin but not iRedMail itself. Do we really have to work out the manual upgrade path through "eye-parsing" every script in the functions directory?

itsok wrote:

Using the .sh script does a new fresh install, right?

Yes, iRedMail is designed to be installed on a FRESH system.

itsok wrote:

And the upgrade tutorial covers only upgrading iRedAdmin but not iRedMail itself.

Upgrade tutorials cover both iRedMail and iRedAdmin.

itsok wrote:

Do we really have to work out the manual upgrade path through "eye-parsing" every script in the functions directory?

Yes. Because it's hard to detect what were changed after installation, so we can't upgrade all configuration files correctly.