Topic: Can't open log file /var/log/sieve.log: Permission denied

It would be great to be able to search this forum -- where does one have to go to find the "search" link?

I am using the iRedMail as a destination for bounced emails.  The email campaign mailer program resides on the same server as the iRedMail server.  The campaign mailer program is functioning fine and sends out all emails.  However, bounced emails are not showing up in the iRedMail account specifically setup for that and when I -tail the mail log file to watch what is happening, I do see this:

May  9 18:53:45 my_host postfix/smtp[3034]: 762654E25E: to=<ddukebigelowz@aol.com>, relay=mailin-02.mx.aol.com[205.188.190.1]:25, delay=1, delays=0.02/0.03/0.54/0.45, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (host mailin-02.mx.aol.com[205.188.190.1] said: 550 5.1.1 <ddukebigelowz@aol.com>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com (in reply to RCPT TO command))
May  9 18:53:45 my_host postfix/cleanup[2963]: 862EB4E25D: message-id=<20110509225345.862EB4E25D@my_domain.my_domain.org>
May  9 18:53:45 my_host postfix/qmgr[2150]: 862EB4E25D: from=<>, size=11155, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
May  9 18:53:45 my_host postfix/bounce[3035]: 762654E25E: sender non-delivery notification: 862EB4E25D
May  9 18:53:45 my_host postfix/trivial-rewrite[2965]: warning: do not list domain my_host.my_domain.org in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

I can confirm that emails from other sources are being recieved in other iRedMail accounts.

I also see in the logs:

"Can't open log file /var/log/sieve.log: Permission denied"

and

"warning: do not list domain my_domain.com in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

Any help would be much appreciated

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't open log file /var/log/sieve.log: Permission denied

leptserkhan wrote:

It would be great to be able to search this forum -- where does one have to go to find the "search" link?

Simply search string "Search" in this page, there's a search link in main navigation bar.

leptserkhan wrote:

May  9 18:53:45 my_host postfix/trivial-rewrite[2965]: warning: do not list domain my_host.my_domain.org in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

Please fix this issue first, it's self-explained in error log.

leptserkhan wrote:

"Can't open log file /var/log/sieve.log: Permission denied"

/var/log/sieve.log should be owned by user "vmail" and group "vmail", with permission 0666.

Thank you!  the permission 0666 works fine. 

But I cannot find where I am supposed to remove my domain name from virtual_mailbox_domains

Where do I do that?

Thank you.

Seems you use your domain name as server hostname, and also exist in MySQL/LDAP as virtual mail domain.
You can change either.

Thank you for your patience with me Zhang, I hope you don't mind me asking questions.  I'm pretty good but don't know everything.

I also noticed that when I turn on spamassassin ALL mail is being rejected with:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from nm20.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com[98.139.52.217]: 450 4.7.1 <listbounces@my_domain.org>: Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Please try later.; from=<johny123@yahoo.com> to=<listbounces@my_domain.org> proto=SMTP helo=<nm20.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>

Is Spamassassin the ONLY place where policies are set for rejection of spam?

Also, I'm afraid to say that I still don't know WHERE I am supposed to remove the duplicate domain name: from a MySQL/LDAP record or in postfix main.cf file?

Thank you again for taking the time to help.

By the way, IredMail really rocks!

leptserkhan wrote:

Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Please try later.;

This is caused by greylisting, provided by service policyd.
Reference: http://greylisting.org/

Search in this forum before asking is always a good idea.

leptserkhan wrote:

Also, I'm afraid to say that I still don't know WHERE I am supposed to remove the duplicate domain name: from a MySQL/LDAP record or in postfix main.cf file?

You can try to change postfix setting "myhostname" and your server hostname.

Okay, thank you for such a fast reply!  You are better than any tech support I have ever called!

Thank you for the tip.  I think I can handle it from here on in.

Just I am receiving an error when I run spamassassin --lint and I believe it is because there is no local.cf file in /etc/spamassassin

Is that supposed to be included in the install?

Thank you.

is local.cf supposed to go into /etc/spamassassin or /etc/mail/spamassassin?

I am receiving this error when I run spamassassin --lint:

warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf  whitelist_from_dk *@gmail.com *@paypal.com

leptserkhan wrote:

It's /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
leptserkhan wrote:

It's /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.

The only think in /etc/mail/ is a file called spamassassin and it is a symblic link with file attributes of 0777.

I cannot open it.

I have no directory /etc/mail/spamassassin/

In /etc/spamassassin I have files.

May i know which Linux/BSD distribution you're using?
It should be /etc/mail/spamassassin/ (Linux) or /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/ (FreeBSD) by default, but not /etc/spamassassin/.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

May i know which Linux/BSD distribution you're using?
It should be /etc/mail/spamassassin/ (Linux) or /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/ (FreeBSD) by default, but not /etc/spamassassin/.

Linux version 2.6.32-5-686 (Debian 2.6.32-31) (gcc version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-4)  )

leptserkhan wrote:

Linux version 2.6.32-5-686 (Debian 2.6.32-31) (gcc version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-4)  )

Can you paste content of file /etc/debian_version here?

I checked package list here:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/ … n/filelist

Seems it's a symbol link.

leptserkhan wrote:

warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf  whitelist_from_dk *@gmail.com *@paypal.com

It should be whitelist_from_dkim instead of whitelist_from_dk.

Oops, i found it's a typo error in iRedMail sample config file, fixed moment ago:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/sourc … dff30ba5b5

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Oops, i found it's a typo error in iRedMail sample config file, fixed moment ago:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/sourc … dff30ba5b5

Thanks for your hard work in tracking this down.  I don't know how to use diff files.  What am I supposed to do with that link/files?

Thank you Zhang!