Topic: Upgrade my Mail-Server

Dear ZhangHuangbin,

My mail Server at the moment runs perfect but i like to upgrade them with iredmail, i have tried them and it work perfect on my demo machine (vmware).
At the moment i have them running on suse with postfix, cyrus, amavis, spamsassassin, clamd aso....i have a lot of users but now it nerv me to add an configure any new one with the command shell.
I have tested the iRedAdmin Pro Mysql and it seems that is the right i am looking for.

Is there any way to upgrade the existing server with iredmail? the most problems are the domains and user logins running on the server, or do i have to install a complete new server? but what about the mail server's domain and users?

any help would be nice,

regards,
tom

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade my Mail-Server

komaii wrote:

Is there any way to upgrade the existing server with iredmail? the most problems are the domains and user logins running on the server, or do i have to install a complete new server? but what about the mail server's domain and users?

How about this way:

- install a iRedMail server
- export mail domains/users from old server, then import into iRedMail server.
- If your old mail server uses Maildir format for mailboxes, you can simply copy all mailboxes to iRedMail server. Just make sure they're copied to correct path.

yYou didn't give detail in your post, so it's hard to say how it will works. Some questions:
- Do you store mail accounts in OpenLDAP or MySQL?
- Do you store encryprd passwords? MD5 or others?