Re: Wishlist of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP

Personally, i prefer to add some plugins in Roundcube for caldav/carddav, so that we can keep it lightweight. SOGo groupware is a little heavy.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

77 (edited by ict4ngo 2014-11-26 21:41:22)

I don't know if it has been asked before, but preconfiguring some whitelist would save a lot of time and frustration.

gmail and outlook.com do not play nice with greylisting given  the amount of user both mail system have, it would be interesting to have a post installation step that whitelist those servers. This whitelist could be community built, I have been looking for one but I have yet to find one.

ict4ngo wrote:

gmail and outlook.com do not play nice with greylisting given  the amount of user both mail system have, it would be interesting to have a post installation step that whitelist those servers. This whitelist could be community built, I have been looking for one but I have yet to find one.

Do you really want to whitelist gmail/outlook.com? Spammers use them to send spams.

Selfservice is great. But (users sugestion smile ) can plain user have access to their sent mails .... just to check is mail sent or not..... and to what address ...

kmihalj wrote:

Selfservice is great. But (users sugestion smile ) can plain user have access to their sent mails .... just to check is mail sent or not..... and to what address ...

This is a good idea, but with current implementation of showing sent emails in iRedAdmin-Pro, it doesn't mean mail was sent out by your server, it just means it's processed by Amavisd and re-injected into Postfix queue, waiting for actual delivery. Maybe Postfix picks it up and sent out to recipient's mail server immediately, maybe it stalled for some time.

I'd like to see time zone support for users.  This is especially true now that we have self-service, although I sometimes at to manually share with my customers reports such as lists of sent or received messages.  Most people may know what time zone they are in, but not the UTC offset, especially with the changes associated with DST twice/year.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ict4ngo wrote:

Do you really want to whitelist gmail/outlook.com? Spammers use them to send spams.

We do permanently whitelist Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook, Facebook and Twitter from greylisting.  It works quite well with no inbound spam increase.

Greylisting is completely ineffective against spam which originates with legitimate mail servers.  It's only function is to block mail from botnets that are doing massive SMTP blasts without normal mail error handling and retries.

It would be very useful if as a community we maintained at least a list of links of where to get the current SMTP servers for the major services.  I'm not sure that should fall to ZHB to include the lists in iRedMailAdmin.  This old thread does document one method of setting up your own whitelists.   http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic7555.  Perhaps a formal HOWTO from ZHB is in order?

bmackay wrote:

I'd like to see time zone support for users.

Will add this in future release. smile

I would like to see greylisting on a per subnet base. So that Providers with more than one Mailserver in an example /24 subnet pass greylisting faster.

ebenbeck@itbspa.de wrote:

I would like to see greylisting on a per subnet base. So that Providers with more than one Mailserver in an example /24 subnet pass greylisting faster.

Noted. on my todo list now.
Thanks for the feedback.

Since we have some periodic users, i would love to have a user mass deactivation, maybe like kind of a list used for white-/blacklisting. And as a second step, a user mass deletion, i.e. show all deactivated users, then delete them all.

I'd like to see the default behaviour of the "Top 10 Senders" list changed so that it only shows outbound mail.

As a mail administrator, I'm far more interested in who is generating the most outbound traffic rather than a cumulative count of how many FaceBook or Twitter notifications were received by all users.

Perhaps this behaviour could be toggled in the Admin preferences?

jobu wrote:

Since we have some periodic users, i would love to have a user mass deactivation, maybe like kind of a list used for white-/blacklisting.

What kind of "mass deactivation"? With current iRedAdmin-Pro, you can disable selected users in the user list page (url: https://xxx/iredadmin/users/<domain>).

jobu wrote:

And as a second step, a user mass deletion, i.e. show all deactivated users, then delete them all.

This had been implemented in iRedAdmin-Pro.

bmackay wrote:

I'd like to see the default behaviour of the "Top 10 Senders" list changed so that it only shows outbound mail.

Understand. I will try to implement it in future release.

90 (edited by jobu 2016-06-17 16:50:03)

What kind of "mass deactivation"? With current iRedAdmin-Pro, you can disable selected users in the user list page (url: https://xxx/iredadmin/users/<domain>).

Right now you have to klick them, doing that for 50 addresses isn't so nice, but pasting a list of addresses would be.

This had been implemented in iRedAdmin-Pro.

Ooops, didn't see it - that's nice !

jobu wrote:

Right now you have to klick them, doing that for 50 addresses isn't so nice, but pasting a list of addresses would be.

You may want to increase the size of items displayed in one page to, e.g. 100 with this setting in iRedAdmin-Pro config file:

PAGE_SIZE_LIMIT = 100

Don't forget to restart Apache or uwsgi (if you're running Nginx) service to reload modified settings.

Missed feature to search forward email addresses here http://domain.tld/iredadmin/search

labasus wrote:

Missed feature to search forward email addresses here http://domain.tld/iredadmin/search

Request accepted. Will try to implement this in future release.

Missed feature - prevent global admin password change from normal admin.
Global admins password can be changed only by another global admins.

labasus wrote:

Missed feature - prevent global admin password change from normal admin.
Global admins password can be changed only by another global admins.

Fixed, will be available in next release.

Suggested Feature -  Support for ZXCVBN password strength library.

The developers at Dropbox have open sourced the library they created for testing password strength.  It is relatively easy to integrate and gives users direct feedback on the relative strength of their password as they type it.   Rudimentary rules such as "must include at least one special character" are less effective than we might hope.  ZXCVBN does a much better job by testing passwords against common dictionaries and known crack tools.

It has a nice clean UI, as you can see from this screenshot from a portal we developed for our clients.  The portal was written in Python.  Getting the core system up and running was trivial.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19817130/2016-12-06_09-31-54.png

bmackay wrote:

Suggested Feature -  Support for ZXCVBN password strength library.

Good idea. I will put it on my TODO list. Thanks for the suggestion. smile

Would you mind sharing the Python code of this implementation?

Hi,

We are using iRedAdmin Pro LDAP and were wondering wether it is possible to disable the maillog view for domain administrators so that only the system administrator can see who received/sent mails.

Thank you

toxic wrote:

We are using iRedAdmin Pro LDAP and were wondering wether it is possible to disable the maillog view for domain administrators so that only the system administrator can see who received/sent mails.

I will implement it in next release (not the upcoming bug fix release, sorry).

But want to discuss: isn't it reasonable that an admin can view it since he/she is the mail admin? What's the concern behind this restriction?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
toxic wrote:

I will implement it in next release (not the upcoming bug fix release, sorry).

But want to discuss: isn't it reasonable that an admin can view it since he/she is the mail admin? What's the concern behind this restriction?

Super, thank you!
I agree with you but our customers wanted their particular domain administrator for iredadmin not to see the mail traffic logs because most of them were just assigned the task to add mail users etc. and not to snoop around in for ex. their colleagues maillog.