Topic: Another way to upgrade iRedmail... Would it work?
I bought a few days ago the iRedAdmin 1.4.1
I have our main server (iRedmail 0.6.0 RC1) installed on an Ubuntu 9.10 on a virtual machine on VMware ESXi.
I was wondering if this could be an easier way to upgrade, and what could not work...
If we follow these steps:
1) install a brand new Virtual Machine with fresh Ubuntu 10.04, iRedmail 0.7.0 and iRedAdmin 1.4.1
2) Backup all the LDAP accounts on the 9.10/0.60RC1 with iRedAdmin
3) Restore the accounts on the new 10.04/0.7.0 (how?)
4) Transfer all the database table data with Navicat from old server to new server
5) Rsync the complete vmail directory from the old server to new server
6) Switch the IPs
7) Power down the 9.10 VM )
Would it be possible? Or would it fail miserably? ))
What other steps should be performed?