Topic: iRedMail 0.7.0 beta-2 issues

Sir,
I have installed iRedmail 0.7.0 beta-2 version  on CentOS 5.5 final with MYSQL option. It is very good.
But I have queries regarding features available .
1.    I created a domain called apgenco123.com with 100 MB space and created users user-1 with 20 MB space, user-2 with 60 MB space and user-3 with 20MB space in this apgenco123.com domain. Till now entire space allocated to this apgenco123.com has exhausted. But Postfixadmin is still  allowing me to create users in that domain ?
2.    Used quota of users is available through phymyadmin from mailbox table in bytes. Is is possible to get same in MB ?
3.    Is it possible to get above used quota report through postfixadmin ?
4.    Is it possible to backup individual mailboxes or entire domain through any tool to enable restoration if server fails
5.    When a file gets uploaded as attachment where it is stored until it is sent .
6.    You have commented line sieve_global_path in dovecot.conf file. Is it really not correct ? Why because you have not given any sieve global path for moving spam into junk folder.
7.    What is the exact location of  mails and attachment get stored of a particular user
8.    In dovecot.conf file you have given as follows:

plugin {
    # Quota, stored in file 'maildirsize' under user mailbox.
    # Dict quota. Used to store realtime quota in SQL.
    quota = dict:user::proxy::quotadict
    # Quota rules. Reference: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1
    # The following limit names are supported:
    #   - storage: Quota limit in kilobytes, 0 means unlimited.
    #   - bytes: Quota limit in bytes, 0 means unlimited.
    #   - messages: Quota limit in number of messages, 0 means unlimited. This probably isn't very useful.
    #   - backend: Quota backend-specific limit configuration.
    #   - ignore: Don't include the specified mailbox in quota at all (v1.1.rc5+).
    quota_rule = *:storage=0
    #quota_rule2 = *:messages=0
    #quota_rule3 = Trash:storage=1G
    #quota_rule4 = Junk:ignore

}
What my doubt is why you have taken quota_rule = *:storage=0 instead of something like 100 M ,  or 200 M even though we are assigning quotas to domains and users.
other doubts are
     a). can I set quota_rule2= *:messages=1000 or similar
    b). Can I uncomment quota_rule3 and quota_rule4 by assigning appropriate values ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail 0.7.0 beta-2 issues

umashankerp wrote:

1. I created a domain called apgenco123.com with 100 MB space and created users user-1 with 20 MB space, user-2 with 60 MB space and user-3 with 20MB space in this apgenco123.com domain. Till now entire space allocated to this apgenco123.com has exhausted. But Postfixadmin is still  allowing me to create users in that domain ?

Sorry, I need to test it before answer you.

2. Used quota of users is available through phymyadmin from mailbox table in bytes. Is is possible to get same in MB ?

Dovecot stores them in bytes.
But you can simply convert bytes to MB in your addition tools, isn't it?

3.    Is it possible to get above used quota report through postfixadmin ?

Yes. And iRedMail-0.7.0-beta2 achieved this.

4.    Is it possible to backup individual mailboxes or entire domain through any tool to enable restoration if server fails

You have to setup a crontab job to backup them, or backup them manually.

5.    When a file gets uploaded as attachment where it is stored until it is sent .

It is stored in "temp" directory under root directory of roundcube webmail.

6.    You have commented line sieve_global_path in dovecot.conf file. Is it really not correct ? Why because you have not given any sieve global path for moving spam into junk folder.

It doesn't mean "not correct".
If mails are delivered into "Junk" folder, users can't get them. So we make it deliver to "INBOX" by default, and let system admin make the decision.

7.    What is the exact location of  mails and attachment get stored of a particular user

In RAW mail. Mails are stored in /var/vmail/vmail1/[DOMAIN.LTD]/ by default.

8.    In dovecot.conf file you have given as follows:

plugin {
    # Quota, stored in file 'maildirsize' under user mailbox.
    # Dict quota. Used to store realtime quota in SQL.
    # Quota rules. Reference: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1
    # The following limit names are supported:
    #   - storage: Quota limit in kilobytes, 0 means unlimited.
    #   - bytes: Quota limit in bytes, 0 means unlimited.
    #   - messages: Quota limit in number of messages, 0 means unlimited. This probably isn't very useful.
    #   - backend: Quota backend-specific limit configuration.
    #   - ignore: Don't include the specified mailbox in quota at all (v1.1.rc5+).
    quota_rule = *:storage=0
    #quota_rule2 = *:messages=0
    #quota_rule3 = Trash:storage=1G
    #quota_rule4 = Junk:ignore

}
What my doubt is why you have taken quota_rule = *:storage=0 instead of something like 100 M ,  or 200 M even though we are assigning quotas to domains and users.

It's better to let system admin make this decision.

a). can I set quota_rule2= *:messages=1000 or similar

Of course you can.
Don't forget to make LDAP/MySQL query return a "quota_rules2" if you set a default, otherwise it will always use default value.

b). Can I uncomment quota_rule3 and quota_rule4 by assigning appropriate values ?

It's up to you. Also, don't forget to make LDAP/MySQL query return "quote_rule3" and/or "quote_rule4".

You can also search in Dovecot wiki yourself to answer your questions:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/

For (1),
Please test it sir.

For(3),
I have not found any such report in postfixadmin sir. Instead i am getting report in phpmyadmin.

Sir,
regarding (8),
I am system administrator and new to linux.
My plugin for dovecot.conf is as follows:
plugin
{
     quota_rule = *:storage=1G
     quota_rule2 = *:messages=1000
     quota_rule3 = Trash:ignore
      quota_rule4 = Junk:storage= 300M
}

For changing above quota values, you suggested "don't forget to make LDAP/MySQL query return "quota_rule2" and "quote_rule3" and/or "quote_rule4".

please tell the mysql query for above sir.

regards
uma shanker p.

umashankerp wrote:

I have not found any such report in postfixadmin sir. Instead i am getting report in phpmyadmin.

PostfixAdmin supports this, search "used_quotas" in its config file: config.inc.php.
Maybe it's not working in iRedMail-0.7.0-beta2 yet, but iRedMail-0.7.0 won't ship postfixadmin by default (there will be a wiki tutorial available), so you have to do some research yourself.

umashankerp wrote:

please tell the mysql query for above sir.

Please refer to dovecot ldap query file, it should be /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf or /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf on your server.
iRedMail will return per-user "quota_rule" by default:

user_attrs      = ..., mailQuota=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$

You have to make it query another LDAP attribute and return it as "quote_rule2" or "quota_ruleX".

Reference: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1

dovecot-ldap.conf is not available in my server.During installation i  have selected mysql option rather than ldap .
That's why i requested mysql query

Please give all details needed to implement the scenario given by me
thanks in advance

with regards
uma shanker p.

Please refer to /etc/dovecot-mysql.conf or /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf on your server, and refer to dovecot official wiki:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1

You have to do some research yourself.