Topic: INVALID_CREDENTIALS

Okay, I've spent around 5 hours trying to get iRedMail setup, both tutorials I followed misguided me many times due to them missing commands and certain instructions of which you apparently are supposed to figure out for yourself.

I currently have the email server working and can send emails out the problem I am having is trying to access iredadmin

Everytime I go to https://localhost/iredadmin I get this message

<class 'ldap.INVALID_CRENTIALS'> at /
{'desc': 'invalid credentials'}

I've been reading the documentation on how to set it up but I don't understand it, maybe because its 4am in the morning but

I put the this command in ldapsearch -x -D 'YOUR_BIND_DN' -W

then it asks for a password that I'm not sure what password I'm supposed to put in and then it says

ldap_bind: Invalid DN syntax (34)
            additional info: invalid DN

Am I missing something in the settings.ini?

If anyone could explain where I've gone wrong I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: INVALID_CREDENTIALS

INVALID_CRENTIALS means your bind dn and password set in iRedAdmin config file settings.ini is incorrect.

iRedMail will log some account information in file "iRedMail.tips", under your iRedMail installation directory. for example, if you upload iRedMail-0.6.1.tar.bz2 to /root directory, and start installation under /root/iRedMail-0.6.1/, it's /root/iRedMail-0.6.1/iRedMail.tips.

Search "cn=vmailadmin," in iRedMail.tips, this is bind dn, and you can find its password in same line.

in iRedAdmin config file settings.ini, you should set bind dn and password like below:

[ldap]
bind_dn = cn=vmailadmin,dc=xxx,dc=xxx
bind_pw = password_of_vmailadmin

3 (edited by Toasticuss 2011-01-30 12:57:45)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

INVALID_CRENTIALS means your bind dn and password set in iRedAdmin config file settings.ini is incorrect.

iRedMail will log some account information in file "iRedMail.tips", under your iRedMail installation directory. for example, if you upload iRedMail-0.6.1.tar.bz2 to /root directory, and start installation under /root/iRedMail-0.6.1/, it's /root/iRedMail-0.6.1/iRedMail.tips.

Search "cn=vmailadmin," in iRedMail.tips, this is bind dn, and you can find its password in same line.

in iRedAdmin config file settings.ini, you should set bind dn and password like below:

[ldap]
bind_dn = cn=vmailadmin,dc=xxx,dc=xxx
bind_pw = password_of_vmailadmin

Ah, thank you, I was able to fix it after finding the password but now I don't know what credentials I should be using to log in....

In the redmail.tips file it says the admin of my domain is postmaster but the login isnt working with that email and the password it has, any ideas?

Toasticuss wrote:

In the redmail.tips file it says the admin of my domain is postmaster but the login isnt working with that email and the password it has, any ideas?

You can login with postmaster@xxx, it's logged in iRedMail.tips.

5 (edited by Toasticuss 2011-01-30 13:38:02)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Toasticuss wrote:

You can login with postmaster@xxx, it's logged in iRedMail.tips.

I've been trying but it keeps saying Username or password is incorrect.

How can I change the password? Or make a different account?

6 (edited by Toasticuss 2011-01-31 13:01:08)

Did a clean installation of Ubuntu 10.10 and then a clean installation of iRedMail the problem started because I overwrote the already made settings.ini and got it working.

Only had to change the PW in the settings.ini for the DB dont know why it was some huge password.

You should really fix up the documentation its missing so much stuff and it conflicts with itself.

Toasticuss wrote:

You should really fix up the documentation its missing so much stuff and it conflicts with itself.

Sorry, which documentation?

8 (edited by Toasticuss 2011-02-01 07:00:20)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Toasticuss wrote:

Sorry, which documentation?

http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/ … _on_Ubuntu

This.

I was mostly able to get it working by using this one -

http://www.howtoforge.com/iredmail-0.6. … untu-10.04

It shows the proper way to download the tar, untar it run the install bash but it left out how to do the iRedAdmin.

If you took parts of the second with coupled with the first one it would be great.

Also why not use "sudo gedit" to edit the hostnames?

I could make an HD tutorial from start to finish if you'd like for Ubuntu.

Toasticuss wrote:

http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/ … _on_Ubuntu

This.

I was mostly able to get it working by using this one -

http://www.howtoforge.com/iredmail-0.6. … untu-10.04

It shows the proper way to download the tar, untar it run the install bash but it left out how to do the iRedAdmin.

If you took parts of the second with coupled with the first one it would be great.

Understood, will try to improve it later.

Also why not use "sudo gedit" to edit the hostnames?

Many servers don't have X-Window, so i just mention 'vi'. Will mention gui editor later.

I could make an HD tutorial from start to finish if you'd like for Ubuntu.

That's awesome. i'd appreciate it. smile