Topic: authentication problem

Hi Guys,

I am running into authentication problem.

Every one of my users are asked to enter the password when they are connecting to the mail server from their email client.

From var/log/maillog i found this..

fatal: proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_virtual_alias_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
Jan 28 23:33:31 123.456.789.0 postfix/proxymap[20935]: warning: dict_ldap_connect: Unable to bind to server ldap://127.0.0.1:389 as cn=vmail,dc=projectsjunction,dc=com: -1 (Can't contact LDAP server)
Jan 28 23:33:31 123.456.789.0 postfix/proxymap[20935]: warning: dict_ldap_connect: Unable to bind to server ldap://127.0.0.1:389 as cn=vmail,dc=projectsjunction,dc=com: -1 (Can't contact LDAP server)
Jan 28 23:33:31 ip-123.456.789.0 postfix/trivial-rewrite[23534]: fatal: proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_virtual_alias_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup

No changes have been made on ldap .

Please suggest

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: authentication problem

I've restarted ldap and amavisd and now it's working fine

okay here's the issue come once again..

The ldap is not responding after few mins and each time i have to restart it's servicies...

From phpldapadmnin i can loginto the ldap tree after the service restart but.. i can't view the tree where my users are..

It stops responding when i click the + sign near to users..

Please help

I am receiving this error each time i restart ldap

[root@mail ~]# /etc/init.d/ldap restart
Stopping slapd:                                            [  OK  ]
Checking configuration files for slapd:  bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
bdb_db_open: Recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery if errors are encountered.
config file testing succeeded
                                                                 [  OK  ]
Starting slapd:                                            [  OK  ]

sandeep.singh wrote:

Checking configuration files for slapd:  bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
bdb_db_open: Recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery if errors are encountered.
config file testing succeeded

Did you try to recovery LDAP data? It should work as openldap complains this.

The same problem I have

I fixed it by running     slapd_db_recover -v -h /var/lib/ldap/

make sure to include your domain name if any after /var/lib/ldap/..

and the owner/group of /var/lib/ldap should be ldap with 700

Now everything is working?

Yes, Everything is working now

10 (edited by andy88 2011-01-29 21:12:53)

2 sandeep.singh :you freebsd?

good people please help me understand the problem
OS Freebsd

No i am not using freebsd  i am on CentOS