Topic: Allow Relay from web server to Iredmail mail server

All

I have Iredmail setup and running fine, but I want to relay emails from my web server (different server) to this machine.

I have setup Postfix on the webserver and added 'relayhost = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' to the main.cf

and then added the webservers ip address to the $mynetworks in main.cf on the mail server

which I thought should work fine, but it doesn't I  get:

Nov 29 11:34:43 digitalquill postfix/error[29768]: B6A071FF473E: to=<-----@-------.co.uk>, relay=none, delay=389128, delays=389100/27/0/0.1, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to xx.xx.xx.xx[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25: Connection timed out)

When I try to ping the Iredmail mail server (ip address or domain name) from anywhere else (i.e. my web server) I can not ping

Any help would be great as I am really struggling with this one

Matt Houldsworth

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Allow Relay from web server to Iredmail mail server

digitalquill wrote:

Nov 29 11:34:43 digitalquill postfix/error[29768]: B6A071FF473E: to=<-----@-------.co.uk>, relay=none, delay=389128, delays=389100/27/0/0.1, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to xx.xx.xx.xx[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25: Connection timed out)

Port 25 on iRedMail is open by default, maybe you should check network connection between two servers?

Also, iptables blocks ping (icmp) request, you can try to stop iptables for testing.

# /etc/init.d/iptables stop

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

/etc/init.d/iptables stop

Thanks for the reply, something is a little askew here, stopping iptables gives:

root@mail:~# /etc/init.d/iptables stop
* /sbin/iptables does not exist. iptables

Is this the route of the problems?

Matt

Also If I try the same thing from different web servers it does the same thing, so something blocking it all at the mail server

Matt

Which Linux/BSD distrobution do you use? Linux has /etc/init.d/iptables.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

/etc/init.d/iptables.

Ubuntu 9.10

I have /etc/init.d/iptables but when I run '/etc/init.d/iptables stop' (or start/restart) I get the error message

* /sbin/iptables does not exist. iptables

OK, so you don't have iptables firewall.
Please check network related issues first.