Topic: migration 4000+ to iRedMail

Hi,
I have old mail server (postfix, dovecoat, uw-imap, mail stored in mbox /var/spool/<username>). I decided to do migration to new server. I looking for and testing few implementation od mail server and decide to migrate to iRedMail, but I have questions:
- when i pass mbox configuration I didn't do conversione beetwen mbox and mdir, so for 4000+ accounts which one  is better mbox or mdir ?
- how to migrate user password from /etc/shadow to mysql?

thanx for help me

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: migration 4000+ to iRedMail

zablowoj wrote:

- when i pass mbox configuration I didn't do conversione beetwen mbox and mdir, so for 4000+ accounts which one  is better mbox or mdir ?

Maildir is better for performance.

- how to migrate user password from /etc/shadow to mysql?

If your passwords are encrypted in MD5, Try to copy them into mysql directly.

Re: migration 4000+ to iRedMail

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Maildir is better for performance.

even when i store maildir on nfs ?

What about migration mails stored by uw-imap (webmail) - there in possible to migrate it on-line - i must reduce downtime.
I decided to leave old server with old mails for 1 month after migration (access thru old-pop3 and old-webmail).

For some people i must migrate maile from old to new server - how can i do that ?