Topic: recall mail

Hi,

is it possible to have this feature?

possibility to recall a sent item

i don't know  maybe with a deferred time for delivery.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: recall mail

Sorry, What do you mean "recall"?

i'm using it with thunderbird :

say i'm sending a mail to a contact then i realize that the mail include confidential information that the recipient should not see

i need the ability to cancel the sending of the said mail before it reach the recipient

in exchange it's called recall. and works only if both  sender and recipients are in exchange

a solution (in thunderbird ) should be to use the send later so that people have at least dome time to verify everything before sending the mail

i did not see it in postfix

Sorry, iRedMai doesn't support this feature.

i know,

but we can investigate if it's possible to make it.

for business users, it's important

i've already found a solution in thunderbird but not in postfix

saidmsl wrote:

i know,

but we can investigate if it's possible to make it.

for business users, it's important

i've already found a solution in thunderbird but not in postfix

seem you missunstandard the feature.

if in same domain, recall is possible, micrsoft exchange have the feature. the requirement is in same domain.

if you sent a email to gmail. the email have been sent, it is impossible recall.

i know that in exchange we are limited to the account.

i got a solution by sending the mails in intervals (say every 5min) , users have 5min to verify and cancel the sent email (that is in the queue)

actually, it need the administrator (with access to webmin) to proceed. but it would be better if the user can remove the mail from the queue himself.