Topic: Italy, Naples, INAF - OAC research institute, 133
- Country: Italy
- City: Naples
- Company: Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica - Osservatorio Astronomico di Capodimonte
- Web Site: http://www.na.astro.it/
- Backend: OpenLDAP
- Total Users: 133 (at the moment)
- Comments: iRedMail is the our choice thank's to the use of standard packets and solutions for e-mail management. Before we used sendmail and we was searching for a system that implemented maildir + Dovecot upon LDAP for the managemet of user accounts, so iRedMail is perfect for us. Moreover it is free, has a very good support - and I enphasize *very good* - and the Admin Panel - iRedAdmin-Pro, we buyed as soon as deployed iRedMail, is a very valid tool to manage the system.
We migrated from sendmail and mailbox, but in the most of the cases, we leaved each user do the migration of the own e-mails.
The accounts from unix to LDAP have been migrated automatically, but the user aliases have been done by hand.
RoudCube is very functional and very appreciated from our users (before we used Squirrel Mail).
A presentation (in italian) meade for internal information about the project can be found here:
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.