Topic: iRedMail in AWS EC2

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): latest
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Not yet
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

Just installed iRedMail in AWS EC2 instance and have successfully installed it.

However, I have issues with incoming mails from the outside. They don't come.

Port 25 is already open in the EC2 Server and mx already defined to point to server.

Roundcube also resolves in browser.

Is there anything needed to be done on server side or is iRedmail still working on AWS EC2?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail in AWS EC2

Any log in Postfix log file?
FYI: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locat … ml#postfix

If no log at all, that means other servers didn't connect to your server at all, it might be caused by incorrect DNS records, or firewall.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Any log in Postfix log file?
FYI: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locat … ml#postfix

If no log at all, that means other servers didn't connect to your server at all, it might be caused by incorrect DNS records, or firewall.

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

I have defined already in AWS Security settings to open to all and all traffic.

Using also mxtoolbox tool, it can be seen in logs also. See below:

Sep  1 21:25:44 mails postfix/smtpd[18959]: connect from pws3.mxtoolbox.com[64.20.227.134]
Sep  1 21:25:47 mails postfix/smtpd[18959]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from pws3.mxtoolbox.com[64.20.227.134]: 454 4.7.1 <test@example.com>: Relay access denied; from=<supertool@mxtoolbox.com> to=<test@example.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<PWS3.mxtoolbox.com>
Sep  1 21:25:48 mails postfix/smtpd[18959]: disconnect from pws3.mxtoolbox.com[64.20.227.134]

Try to send an email from your personal Gmail/Hotmail/Outlook account, if mail cannot be delivered, you should get bounce/returned email in your personal account. The bounce email usually contains technical details about why this happened, we need this detail for troubleshooting.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try to send an email from your personal Gmail/Hotmail/Outlook account, if mail cannot be delivered, you should get bounce/returned email in your personal account. The bounce email usually contains technical details about why this happened, we need this detail for troubleshooting.

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

I checked the bounce email from Gmail and I can see that is pointing towards different AWS IP.
The domain that we have is hosted under CloudFront and I can see it might have been the DNS issue.

With this set-up, can you recommend how to define it in A records?
I have tried it already using the public IP but not working.