1 (edited by liviu 2009-07-16 19:48:42)

Topic: roundcube webmail access

Hi.

I installed iredmail recently. I'm not sure if it's working for me or not, as I'm still studying the concept. I'm wondering about 2 things:

1. Can webmail access be restricted? (openldap, iredmail 0.40) I'd like some users to have access to webmail while others shouldn't have access (imap/pop3 should STILL work for both). I'm asking if something is already implemented in iredmail, otherwise I can just use .htaccess...

2. Is there a way to force email passwords to "expire", so users would be prompted to change their passwords? I'm considering migrating a server that's been using system users (/etc/passwd...), can see their names, don't know their passwords, so I'd like to set a generic password and force them to change it upon login.

Other than that, great work and thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: roundcube webmail access

liviu wrote:

1. Can webmail access be restricted? (openldap, iredmail 0.40) I'd like some users to have access to webmail while others shouldn't have access (imap/pop3 should STILL work for both). I'm asking if something is already implemented in iredmail, otherwise I can just use .htaccess...

You can delete 'enabledService=imap' in user's LDIF data to disable *BOTH* IMAP service and webmail access.

2. Is there a way to force email passwords to "expire", so users would be prompted to change their passwords? I'm considering migrating a server that's been using system users (/etc/passwd...), can see their names, don't know their passwords, so I'd like to set a generic password and force them to change it upon login.

Search 'openldap overlay ppolicy' in google.