1 (edited by zeep 2017-08-16 16:43:06)

Topic: Iredmail is allowing others to send mail through the server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? : Free Version
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

The server is allowing others to send email through it. For example, in my mail client i have an account from an external server and I can change from address and use something like Abc@xxx.com (iredmail server account) to send emails.

In the postfix and iredapd plugins I have restricted even sending as alias or login mismatch. How can I block others from sending through my server?

Gmail shows the sign "via" in such emails.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Iredmail is allowing others to send mail through the server

Hi,
To find out if Your mail host  is "SMTP Open Relay", use for example:
https://mxtoolbox.com/
and select SMTP check for you domain.

FROM:&lt;supertool@mxtoolbox.com&gt;<br /> 250 2.1.0 &lt;supertool@mxtoolbox.com&gt;... Sender ok [747 ms]<br /> RCPT TO:&lt;test@example.com&gt;<br /> 550 5.7.1 &lt;test@example.com&gt;... Relaying denied

Normally, relay is never allowed, should always state "relaying denined" in such a test.

Now, the trick is, if thsis is really what you want to achieve:, to allow relay from internal nets / private nets / certain servers on your Intra net.
Read http://www.iredmail.org/docs/allow.user … ation.html
/Regards

Re: Iredmail is allowing others to send mail through the server

zeep wrote:

The server is allowing others to send email through it.

Please show us related Postfix/iRedAPD log for troubleshooting, also some mail headers. Your explanation is not so clear and cannot help troubleshoot at all.