Topic: Amavis suddenly not works... how is it possible to reinstall it?

Hello,
suddenly amavis seems not working.
Spam is recognized, but the messages are not discarded: they are delivered in the mailboxes.
Yesterday all worked fine, so I cannot see where is the problem: nothing in changed...
I checked the local.cf file of Amavis and it seems all fine.
Is it possible to reinstall Amavis (or iRedMail completely) without loose the old email messages and other settings?
Thank you in advance forthe answer.
P.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Amavis suddenly not works... how is it possible to reinstall it?

Sorry: I wrote local.cf instead of amavisd.conf
The right sentence is: "I checked the /atc/amavisd.conf file of Amavis and it seems all fine".

Any original log?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Any original log?

Hi Zhang,
I've better analyzed the problem with my customer and I've found that that customer is now using an alias to receive his mail.
I tried to replicate the problem and:
- When the message is delivered to a "real" mail box recipient (a mail user), the Spam filter quarantines the message in the SPAM folder correcltly.
- When the message is delivered to an "alias" recipient, the Spam filter doesn't quarantine nothing and the message is delivered to the mail box (i.e. it passes). 
I think this could be by design, but how can I change the amavis (or postfix) configuration to deliver the Spam message to the user's SPAM folder even if the recipient is an alias?

I hope to have explained clearly the problem.
If you also need a detailed log after my new analysis, ask me.

Thank you again
P.

You can use sieve filter to deliver SPAM to 'Junk' or whatever folder. Alias address doesn't have mailbox and filter rules, so you can't do this with alias account.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can use sieve filter to deliver SPAM to 'Junk' or whatever folder. Alias address doesn't have mailbox and filter rules, so you can't do this with alias account.

Thank you very much, Zhang.
P.