Topic: Mail filters moving to SOGo

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:     v0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend : MySQL
- Web server: Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Just a quick question regarding Filters, I've currently got all my Filters set in Roundcube, i want to move over to SOGo now.
Is the process as simple as deleting them from Roundcube and re-adding them in SOGo, or will this cause issues since I started out with Roundcube..

Maybe understanding the filters process would answer my question, are filters provided by a standard piece of software ? or is it an IredMail developed feature.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail filters moving to SOGo

jordan wrote:

Is the process as simple as deleting them from Roundcube and re-adding them in SOGo

You're right.

Be careful, the sieve rules generated by Roundcube and SOGo are incompatible, so you can NOT simply generate filters with one, then open another webmail and read it (it cannot correctly read it).

Also, SOGo stores filters in SQL db, then dump into file system, so if you updated filters manually with text editors like vim/emacs/nano, next time you updated filter with SOGo web interface, your filters will be discarded.