Topic: Dovecot -- Please help!

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue. Dovecot.log
====

I had to restore my dovecot configuration files from a clean new installed VM, because I was having all sorts of problems with Outlook users being able to connect to my server, and now I'm completely dead in the water, and I don't know how to fix this one.

I'm getting this in /var/log/dovecot.log

Aug 08 12:30:02 auth-worker(16168): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Aug 08 12:30:02 auth-worker(16168): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Aug 08 12:30:03 auth-worker(16168): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 5 seconds before retry
Aug 08 12:30:03 auth-worker(16168): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 5 seconds before retry
Aug 08 12:30:08 auth-worker(16168): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 25 seconds before retry
Aug 08 12:30:08 auth-worker(16168): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 25 seconds before retry
Aug 08 12:30:33 auth-worker(16168): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 125 seconds before retry
Aug 08 12:30:33 auth-worker(16168): Error: mysql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database (vmail): Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - waiting for 125 seconds before retry

I know it's a database password / permission error, and I know that I need to either set a new password on the database or change the password in MySQL for the database. I just can't figure out what file to edit in order to change the password so that Dovecot can connect to the database again...

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Dovecot -- Please help!

I figured it out. Thanks everyone.