1 (edited by MattHo 2017-08-04 10:49:08)

Topic: iRedmail with AWS RDB

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7 64-bit
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (AWS RDS MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes after install success with cloud DB
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi All,

Any one using the AWS RDS as the iRedmail DB?

We are planning to move our mail to iRedmail mail and would like to use AWS RDS as the Remote DB.
Any one can give me an advise?

Here is our current usage:
- Total Mailbox Around 200 & 30 Aliases
- All using IMAP or Webmail (Sogo)
- Mail incoming & outgoing per day around 22K per day

We are planning to build 2 Servers with iRedmail & 2 x Glusterfs as the Vmail cluster storage, then link this 2 servers DB to AWS RDS.
AWS RDS use db.t2.micro (1 CPU 1G Ram) is good enough?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Matt

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedmail with AWS RDB

We have load-balance cluster clients use AWS RDS as remote mysql server. here's the tips:

*) Set "log_bin_trust_function_creators = 1" in RDS.
*) If you're going to run SOGo, increase the mysql max connections to a high number. SOGO requires 2 sql connection for each user (i cannot believe this design, but i cannot change it)

Many thanks, ZhangHung.

May I know your client mailbox size and which model of the AWS RDS they were use for my reference?

BTW, we are considering to use AWS RDS or cloud server to build a DB for the iRedmail, any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Matt

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

We have load-balance cluster clients use AWS RDS as remote mysql server. here's the tips:

*) Set "log_bin_trust_function_creators = 1" in RDS.
*) If you're going to run SOGo, increase the mysql max connections to a high number. SOGO requires 2 sql connection for each user (i cannot believe this design, but i cannot change it)

MattHo wrote:

May I know your client mailbox size and which model of the AWS RDS they were use for my reference?

Since it's not controlled by me, i didn't ask. I will try to get this info.

1721 mail domains, 4646 mailboxes.

MattHo wrote:

BTW, we are considering to use AWS RDS or cloud server to build a DB for the iRedmail, any suggestions?

It's just a sql server, no extra suggestion (check my first reply).

Hi ZhangHuang,

Thanks a lot.

Matt

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
MattHo wrote:

Since it's not controlled by me, i didn't ask. I will try to get this info.

1721 mail domains, 4646 mailboxes.

MattHo wrote:

It's just a sql server, no extra suggestion (check my first reply).