1 (edited by denede 2017-08-02 13:57:42)

Topic: Hosts files

Regarding the hosts file and the line "127.0.0.1   mail.domain.tld mail  localhost.localdomain localhost"
If i have multiple lines with different ips, should i make all look the same or just the 127.0.0.1 ?
should i remove the rest?
i believe my lookup error has something to do with this

edit: I did some more searching online and it seems i need to have the loopback ip and the external ip
so now, the hosts file is looking like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
external_ip mail.domain.tld mail

when i do a nslookup on the mail domain it gives the proper server ip
when i do a dig on the mail domain it also gives the proper info ip
mynetworks variable in postfix gives 127.0.0.1 using the postconf mynetworks command
using the vmail name and password from the config files i can login to mysql

i could do a server reinstall but i am afraid it will give the same results

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Hosts files

Only '127.0.0.1' line is ok.

3 (edited by denede 2017-08-03 17:16:14)

well i had that, and still get the lookup error and nothing worked.
the logs are full with mail postfix/cleanup[2307]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/sender_bcc_maps_user.cf lookup error
but like i said i can login via phpmyadmin with the info in that file. it's like postfix can't access mysql by its own or something
i just don't know anymore, it's so troublesome.. maybe is some dns zone thing that needs to update itself after x number of days..
pff..

denede wrote:

the logs are full with mail postfix/cleanup[2307]: warning: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/sender_bcc_maps_user.cf lookup error

This lookup error is not related to /etc/hosts file at all.
It's mostly you have incorrect sql username/password in this file (or other files in same directory).