Topic: Mail server un-responsive

Good Afternoon guys,

I installed and integrated iRedMail into my business around 3 weeks ago now.... everything is working great, just one small blipp which is really frustrating... I have created a new domain in the admin panel (great), added a couple users (great) then I go to add these users to individual computers and mail clients (thunderbird and outlook), upon a successful connection and email account added my iRedMail then becomes unresponsive via the web browser, this then also recoils and causes all other domains within the mail server to go down too! I have checked my server droplet via digital ocean and it says it's stable and active, I can SSH into it and FTP, just the mail server itself goes down for around half an hour and then loads back up...

What could this be?

My droplet on digital ocean is as follow:-

160GB HDD
16GB RAM
Linux 16.04

and my version of iRedmail is:-

nginx web server
currently not using pro (wanting to upgrade but only when completely stable).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, although my mail server is about to come back online any minute now as it's not the first time it's done this, I would like to future proof this.

Thank you and kind regards,

Connor.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail server un-responsive

Most likely fail2ban is blocking your ip by some rules, you should check iptables for blocked ip's.

Check your own ip: http://www.whatsmyip.org

Check iptables with line numbers:

sudo iptables -L --line-numbers

Might be a good idea to turn off fail2ban when migrating to new server or adding new domains to prevent this, or adjust the limits.

Re: Mail server un-responsive

RikuS wrote:

Most likely fail2ban is blocking your ip by some rules, you should check iptables for blocked ip's.

Check your own ip: http://www.whatsmyip.org

Check iptables with line numbers:

sudo iptables -L --line-numbers

Might be a good idea to turn off fail2ban when migrating to new server or adding new domains to prevent this, or adjust the limits.

Great stuff, thank you for your help, turns out that it didn't like too many con-current connections hammering the mail sever and banned all services... put that service on pause whilst migrating the rest of the domains across.

Much appreciated,

Take care,
Connor