Topic: Folders missing when creating new users in iredadmin

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Nope
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I've recently upgraded to latest iredmail and also upgraded from Debian 8 to 9 on a test system. But there is an issue now where whenever I try to create a new user, the folders in /var/vmail/vmail1/ won't be created. The user is added to OpenLDAP correctly, but the folder is not created.

I can't say for sure if it's the iredmail upgrade (with iredadmin to 0.8) that's the cause, or if it's the upgrade from Debian 8 to 9. But I would most likely believe it's the upgrade from Debian 8 to 9 that is the issue.

I haven't been able to find any logs for this issue. So could someone help me point in the right direction on where to look for why it can't create the folders?

Regards
Radapompa

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Folders missing when creating new users in iredadmin

I managed to fix the issue now. The problem was because of the upgrade to Debian 9.

After upgrading to Debian 9, there is a new version of OpenSSL. In this version SSLv2 does not exist anymore. This creates an issue for Dovecot. If you have ssl_protocols = !SSLv2, you will get an error that Dovecot can't recognize SSLv2. Hence crashing all logins that are made through Dovecot (which made it so the folders won't be created).

If possible, make sure that !SSLv2 is not in configurations for atleast Debian 9 installations.

Regards
Radapompa

Re: Folders missing when creating new users in iredadmin

Wrote a new tutorial to track this:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.debian.8-9.html

In iRedMail-0.9.7, the "ssl_protocols" setting is different on Debian 8 and 9, so no problem at all.