Topic: Blacklisting everything from @domain.anything query

The white and blacklist formats for the SQL commands as given by python wblist_admin.py are ...

Add white/blacklists for specified (local) account. Valid formats:

- a single user: username@domain.com
            - a single domain: @domain.com
            - entire domain and all its sub-domains: @.domain.com
            - anyone: @. (the ending dot is required)

if no '--account' argument, defaults to '@.' (anyone).

Really simple question, looking at the above I conclude that
@domain.
would blacklist everything from @domain.com, @domain.co.uk, @domain.net ... you get the idea? If not how could I do this?
Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Blacklisting everything from @domain.anything query

chc-pr wrote:

Really simple question, looking at the above I conclude that
@domain.
would blacklist everything from @domain.com, @domain.co.uk, @domain.net ... you get the idea?

It doesn't work like this. You have to whitelist each top-level domains, not part of domain name (wildcard).

3 (edited by chc-pr 2017-07-08 16:46:52)

I was worried that would be the case ... pity, I have a LOT more things to blacklist now, and with the explosion of top level domains, maybe it would be worth considering a wildcard option for the future?

chc-pr wrote:

maybe it would be worth considering a wildcard option for the future?

Maybe.
The concern is the performance while querying SQL db to get wildcard white/blacklists.

I am currently experimenting with the idea of preparing a TLD list and merging that with a blacklist which would contain a catchahall TLD reference to create individual blacklist FQDNs then insert those into the blacklist tables. Gets around the SQL performance issue. One user maintained text list for each set and a simple script to run.