Topic: Sending email from another server via iRedmail

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend: MySQL
- Web server: Apache/2.4.7
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I am tring to send emails via iRedmail, I have added this to main.cf:

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous

mynetworks = 127.0.0.1 IP

And configured the other server to use port 587, SSL with and provide SMTP username like this:

no-reply@domain.tld
password
Port 587
SSL

If it is any help, the software it "Invision Power Board".

I get the following on the mailservers log, when the webserver tries to connect to it.

Jul  3 19:58:13 hashmal postfix/submission/smtpd[12855]: connect from DOMAIN[IP]
Jul  3 19:58:13 hashmal postfix/submission/smtpd[12855]: lost connection after UNKNOWN from DOMAIN[IP]
Jul  3 19:58:13 hashmal postfix/submission/smtpd[12855]: disconnect from DOMAIN[IP]

Thankful for any guidance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sending email from another server via iRedmail

selea wrote:

And configured the other server to use port 587, SSL with and provide SMTP username like this:
no-reply@domain.tld
password
Port 587
SSL

It's "TLS", not "SSL". They're different protocols.

Alright, changing to TLS does give me another error:

Jul  4 09:32:20 hashmal postfix/submission/smtpd[24335]: connect from DOMAIN[IP]
Jul  4 09:32:20 hashmal postfix/submission/smtpd[24335]: SSL_accept error from DOMAIN[IP] : 0
Jul  4 09:32:20 hashmal postfix/submission/smtpd[24335]: warning: TLS library problem: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1alert unknown ca:s3_pkt.c:1278:SSL alert number 48:                                                       
Jul  4 09:32:20 hashmal postfix/submission/smtpd[24335]: lost connection after STARTTLS from DOMAIN[IP]

I am thinking, does the other server not accept the STARTTLS certificate for some reason?

Changing the certificate from a self-signed to a real one solved it.