Topic: CMM DKIM/SPF with hotmail/outlook?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

As background I use SPF and DKIM and it is all setup properly and verified by external sources. However, Microsoft seems to have introduced their own version of DKIM checking which is VERY frustrating as there doesn't seem to be any documentation on this. I even have DMARC setup and receiving emails about that. But what is up with CMM-Authentication-Results???

CMM-Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf=temperror (sender IP is
45.63.71.181; identity alignment result is pass and alignment mode is
relaxed) smtp.mailfrom=<name>@allostech.com; dkim=temperror (identity
alignment result is pass and alignment mode is relaxed)
header.d=allostech.com; x-hmca=none header.id=<name>@allostech.com
CMM-X-SID-PRA: <name>@allostech.com
CMM-X-AUTH-Result: NONE
CMM-X-SID-Result: NONE
CMM-X-Message-Status: n:n
CMM-X-Message-Delivery: <snip>
CMM-X-Message-Info: <snip>

I suspect this affects other iredadmin users as well.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: CMM DKIM/SPF with hotmail/outlook?

I guess the point is "alignment mode is relaxed".

Is this your real SPF record?

v=spf1 ip4:173.246.106.68 a mx ip4:173.161.23.178/28 ip6:2604:3400:dc1:43:216:3eff:fe5c:6d20 ~all 

Try to use "-all" instead of "~all".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I guess the point is "alignment mode is relaxed".

Is this your real SPF record?

v=spf1 ip4:173.246.106.68 a mx ip4:173.161.23.178/28 ip6:2604:3400:dc1:43:216:3eff:fe5c:6d20 ~all 

Try to use "-all" instead of "~all".

That worked! But - my mail is still heading into junk. Stupid Microsoft - stop doing things differently sad . Must be one of those things that enough people need to mark as not spam before their servers will let me send to the inbox.

Related: I'm not on any blacklists and everything is kosher with the mail server.

I too have that problem. Going into outlook.com user's spam folder.

Not on any blacklist and SPF and DKIM are properly configured (tested with external services).

jpbaril wrote:

I too have that problem. Going into outlook.com user's spam folder.

Not on any blacklist and SPF and DKIM are properly configured (tested with external services).

The funny part is that the majority of my spam comes from hotmail/outlook. Would there be any objection if the default was that hotmail/outlook was blacklisted by default? I've been tempted to blacklist them on my mail server - with an automated reply "This mail server does not accept email from known spam providers. Please sign up for email from a reputable email service such as gmail".

6 (edited by Waschl 2017-07-21 16:40:26)

All Microsoft related mailservices have often Problems with DKIM verification. Maybe try to register your Mailserver at dnswl.org. Thats what im doing and never had problems...

Im using DMARC and so i get the reports. As you can see on the picture microsoft always fails....

Post's attachments

dmarc.jpg 87.45 kb, 3 downloads since 2017-07-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.