Topic: Fetchmail to Iredmail (Dovecot)

Dear all

I have e "normal" Iredmail Installation (V0.9.6) on a Debian 8 Server installed (Apache with MySql).
Everythings works fine.
Now I want to call with fetchmail external email accounts. How does the fetchmailrc file look like? All "normal" settings I've already tried, but the mails do not arrive in the Dovecot. Thank you for your answers.

Greeting Stefan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Fetchmail to Iredmail (Dovecot)

There're few examples in this forum shared by our users. smile

The ideas of the other I have already tried.
My fetchmail file looks like this:

set postmaster “postmaster@domain.local”
set no bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties “”
set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set daemon 60
poll "ispmail.com"
with protocol pop3
user "user@ispmail.com" there with password "Password" is "user@domain.local" here
mda "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d user@domain.local"

And the answer in the fetchmail log file is:

fetchmail: fetchmail 6.3.26 Dämon wird gestartet
fetchmail: 2 Nachrichten für mail.user@anyhwere.com bei pop.mail.provider.com (7146 Bytes).
fetchmail: Nachricht mail.user@anyhwere.com@imap.mail.provider.com:1 von 2 wird gelesen (3554 Bytes) (Log-Meldung unvollständig)
fetchmail: MDA gab Status 75 ungleich Null zurück
fetchmail:  nicht gelöscht
fetchmail: Nachricht mail.user@anyhwere.com@imap.mail.provider.com:2 von 2 wird gelesen (3592 Bytes) (Log-Meldung unvollständig)

Do you have another idea?
What means mda has status 75?

Greetings Stefan

Sorry i cannot fully understand the log with help of Google Translate, might be better if your fetchmail outputs in English. sad

Also, any related error in Dovecot log file?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Sorry i cannot fully understand the log with help of Google Translate, might be better if your fetchmail outputs in English. sad

hns wrote:

fetchmail: Nachricht mail.user@anyhwere.com@imap.mail.provider.com:2 von 2 wird gelesen (3592 Bytes) (Log-Meldung unvollständig)

fetchmail: MDA returns Error status 75 not equal zero
fetchmail: not deleted
fetchmail: read (3592 Bytes) (Log messages incomplete) Message mail.user@anyhwere.com@imap.mail.provider.com:2 of 2

looks like your connection has been established successfully, but fetchmail is not able to catch the messages. Some providers need special setups as they do not allow or support POP3. Have you test it with IMAP aswell? Besides - most of them requires SSL.

Best,
arne

Dear all

Found it!
Fetchmail MUST run as user vmail. Running under root does not work.
And in the Fetchmailrc it needs the part with mda "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d user@domain.local".
Hope this also helps others.

Greetings (Happy) Stefan :-)

arneboeses wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

hns wrote:

fetchmail: MDA returns Error status 75 not equal zero
fetchmail: not deleted
fetchmail: read (3592 Bytes) (Log messages incomplete) Message mail.user@anyhwere.com@imap.mail.provider.com:2 of 2

looks like your connection has been established successfully, but fetchmail is not able to catch the messages. Some providers need special setups as they do not allow or support POP3. Have you test it with IMAP aswell? Besides - most of them requires SSL.

Best,
arne

7 (edited by d4l170 2018-04-27 21:25:53)

Dear hns

How do you run fetchmail as vmail user? Is it by creating local user with the same name as vmail user?
Can you share your working config

Thanks