Topic: Attachment size increase

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): active directory 2012R2
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi Team,

I am looking at the document for increasing the size of attachments and I cant get my head around one bit.

http://www.iredmail.org/docs/change.mai … .size.html

Basically the begining start by running these 2 commands in postfix

# postconf -e message_size_limit='104857600'
# postconf -e mailbox_size_limit='104857600'

In my case before running the commands and setting my own limit not 100MB, I checked what the current defaults were with :

# postconf | grep mailbox_size_limit
mailbox_size_limit = 51200000
# postconf | grep message_size_limit
message_size_limit = 15728640

Now I can see that the default size is 15MB but the mailbox size limit is 48.82MB

In the tutorial, it says both is needed but can`t understand why the default of the mailbox size limit i snot the same as the message size limit.

Maybe its very simple and I cant find it.

Could anyone please advise.

Rajbps

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Attachment size increase

They don't have to be same. but mailbox_size_limit MUST be LARGER than message_size_limit.

Re: Attachment size increase

i updated the doc to explain both parameters:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/change.mai … .size.html

They don't have to be same. but mailbox_size_limit (size of the mailbox) MUST be equal to or LARGER than message_size_limit (size of single email message). Since per-user mailbox quota is enforced by Dovecot, so the mailbox_size_limit is useless.