1 (edited by kalyan 2017-05-20 19:28:16)

Topic: Can't increase mail attachment size in iRedMail

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version 0.9.6 openldap ed
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 7.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi, everyone
I'm trying to enlarge mail attachment max_size up to 30mb using this article: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/change.mai … .size.html

I changed postfix config:
postconf | egrep 'message_size|mailbox_size'
mailbox_size_limit = 35000000
message_size_limit = 35000000

changed php.ini :
egrep 'memory_limit|upload_max_filesize|post_max_size' /etc/php.ini
memory_limit = 200M;
post_max_size = 40M;
upload_max_filesize = 40M;

and .htaccess file:
egrep 'memory_limit|upload_max_filesize|post_max_size' /var/www/roundcubemail/.htaccess
php_value   upload_max_filesize   40M
php_value   post_max_size         40M
php_value   memory_limit          200M

though i don't use apache:
netstat -ntlp | egrep '80|443'
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1718/nginx: master
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1718/nginx: master

i changed nginx config too:
grep client_max_body_size /etc/nginx/nginx.conf
    client_max_body_size 40m;

I restarted all related services, dovecott including; i restarted even server and rechecked config files - everything is on its place, but when i try to send e-mail with 29mb-attachment I get error: SMTP Error: Message size exceeds server limit

So where can I change this limit?
kindly ask to point me where i'm wrong or not enough attentive wink

PS: I've forgotten to say I don't use SoGO, Roudcube only and Outlook (which i failed to tweak yet too, but that's another question)

regards,
Nick

Post's attachments

scr.jpg
scr.jpg 18.04 kb, 2 downloads since 2017-05-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't increase mail attachment size in iRedMail

You might like to check this thread which seems very similar:

http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic5158 … other.html

I'd agree with ZHB in that thread - Base64 encoding can add a very high overhead to the size of attachments in an email. I would suggest temporarily trying 50MB in the postfix configuration files and then reducing it a bit if it succeeds.

Given that it's an SMTP error, I think a postfix error is more likely than RC or php. Also, is it possible that this an error from the recipient SMTP rather than from your server?

It would be helpful if you could search through and post a relevant /var/log entry (you can anonymise IP addresses and personal information).

3 (edited by kalyan 2017-05-22 02:53:47)

Re: Can't increase mail attachment size in iRedMail

martinveasey, thank you

You were right. That's it - after setting much larger value for postfix the message was sent.
And I could see its value in RC (as it sees it) to set it more precisely back in postfix config.

Thanks, martinveasey smile

PS: I know I should search right by error message... then I would have found the thread you've mentioned smile