Topic: Email Headers

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I'm a iRedmail newbie and have a couple of basic questions around troubleshooting. I have had a quick look in the forum but was not able to find any relevant topics.

1) I am hoping that iRedAdmin can provide me a simple way to view email headers. Ideally I could click on an email in the Sent / Received logs and quickly display the email header - but I cannot find any such feature. What is the quickest way to display email headers when troubleshooting?

2) Is there a simpler way to view the mail.log entries other than logging into to Linux backend and running commands such as grep to do the search.

3) Are there any recommended utilities for viewing, searching and extracting information out of the various log files?

Any feedback to my questions will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Robert

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Email Headers

1) unfortunately, iredmail doesn't save any mail headers in SQL db, so iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't have data to present.
2) + 3): No. You may need ElasticSearch + LogStatch (or similar tools) to do this.

Re: Email Headers

Zhang,

Gotya. Thanks again for your prompt response.