Topic: minor bug in documentation of create_mail_user_SQL.sh

============ Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

This file create_mail_user_SQL.sh doesn't have "My" in the name, and the comments in the documentation at top for usage reference an old file name:

Line 15: # bash create_mail_user_MySQL.sh user@domain.ltd plain_password
                                                   ^^
Line 20: # bash create_mail_user_MySQL.sh user@domain.ltd plain_password > output.sql
                                                   ^^

Is there another place preferred for minor corrections like this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by ikewinski 2017-05-09 12:39:59)

Re: minor bug in documentation of create_mail_user_SQL.sh

Also I checked out the newest version of this script but when I run the import to my newly installed iRedMail-0.9.6 MySQL database I get an error that "Table 'vmail.forwardings' doesn't exist" which is the most recently changed function.

However the old file is correct and doesn't produce an error.

I'm in the middle of building out a new server. Maybe I shouldn't have tried the version from source control, but I thought I should mention that it failed for me.

Also I just found this python tool iredmail-cli which looks interesting for being able to also create domains. I have somewhere between 30-50 domains to import to a new server and I'm interested in creating them automatically. iredmail-cli is not updated for a year or so that I can see. Does anyone have feedback using this tool lately?

Re: minor bug in documentation of create_mail_user_SQL.sh

ikewinski wrote:

This file create_mail_user_SQL.sh doesn't have "My" in the name, and the comments in the documentation at top for usage reference an old file name:

Fixed moment ago.

ikewinski wrote:

Is there another place preferred for minor corrections like this?

Feel free to fork iRedMail repo and send a pull request:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail

ikewinski wrote:

Also I checked out the newest version of this script but when I run the import to my newly installed iRedMail-0.9.6 MySQL database I get an error that "Table 'vmail.forwardings' doesn't exist" which is the most recently changed function.

We're working on a SQL structure change. Details here:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … lias-table

ikewinski wrote:

Also I just found this python tool iredmail-cli which looks interesting for being able to also create domains. I have somewhere between 30-50 domains to import to a new server and I'm interested in creating them automatically. iredmail-cli is not updated for a year or so that I can see. Does anyone have feedback using this tool lately?

It's not developed or maintained by iRedMail team, so no comment here.

I suggest you try iRedAdmin-Pro with its RESTful API interface:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredadmin- … l.api.html