1 (edited by seschi98 2017-04-24 02:40:09)

Topic: Shared mailboxes not working in SOGo

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 OPENLDAP edition
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 8 Jessie
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: ??
====

Hello,

I just installed the current version of iRedMail on my server and configured some user accounts. Now I want to share my inbox from user1@example.com with user2@example.com. I used the ACL manager to configure permissions for user2 in SOGo.

When I login with user2, I see a folder called "Other users", but when I click on it, it gives me an error: "An error occured while communicating with the mail server." From the SOGo log files I got this line:

[NGImap4Connection]> could not select URL: imap://user1%40example.com@127.0.0.1/Shared/: {RawResponse = "{ResponseResult = {description = \"Mailbox doesn't exist: Shared\"; result = no; tagId = 6; }; }"; reason = "Mailbox doesn't exist: Shared"; result = 0; }

I the logged in at RoundCubeMail with user2 and went to the IMAP subscription settings. I was able to subscribe to the user1@example.com folder (subfolder of Shared).

I already changed the SOGo setting "Show subscribed mailboxes only" to true and in the subscribe dialog I saw the other users mailbox...

Can someone figure out whats wrong? As I said, its a fresh installation which I deployed a few hours ago...

Best regards,

seschi

Post's attachments

roundcube_working.png
roundcube_working.png 15.51 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

sogo_error.png
sogo_error.png 4.22 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

sogo_mailboxes.png
sogo_mailboxes.png 5.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

sogo_subscriptions.png
sogo_subscriptions.png 21.52 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-04-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Shared mailboxes not working in SOGo

Am i right that Roundcube works but SOGo failed? If yes, this seems a SOGo bug.

Yes, thats right... But I think this feature is working on other SOGo installations pretty well...

I'm a little confused here: Are you trying to subscribe the imap folder which is called "Other Users" in SOGo, or the mailbox "Sebastian xxx" under "Other Users"?

It's more like a SOGo bug to me, not a server-side issue.

I am trying to access the inbox of my second user, so the mailbox "Sebastian xxx" under "Other Users".

Maybe it is, hoped to find some help here wink

I'll try to find sth out at the SOGo mailing list...

I experienced the same issue and it happens the problem is the not-so-intuitive SOGo interface.
after playing a lot with configurations and analysed a lot of debug logs, I managed to trace the local IMAP dialogue with tcpdump and found out that SOGo was trying to read the folder "Shared" (which do not exists actually) instead of "Shared/user@example.com", even though he knew the latter exists.
Seems silly but the problem was the way I used the interface... the most natural thing you can do is to click on "Other users" folder, at this point SOGo tries to read "Shared" and it fails, you have to click on the folder icon instead and the correct folder appears below and is perfectly readable.
Hope it helps.

SteelBlade wrote:

Seems silly but the problem was the way I used the interface... the most natural thing you can do is to click on "Other users" folder, at this point SOGo tries to read "Shared" and it fails, you have to click on the folder icon instead and the correct folder appears below and is perfectly readable.
Hope it helps.

SteelBlade thanks so much! That was driving me crazy.

Ian