==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 2.4.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?  Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Here is the task at hand.   We are trying to send out via fantrax.com but not receive.  We have another email host that does all of our receiving.   How do i configure iRedMail so when a email goes out our servers from fantrax.com to fantrax.com that it goes to the right servers instead of trying to deliver to itself and fail.  Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Tricky Email

To send out via fantrax.com, you need to configure Postfix "relayhost =" parameter to use it as a relay server. for example:

relayhost = smtp:fantrax.com:25

FYI: http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relayhost

To control where the emails sent from external servers (like Gmail, Hotmail, ...) should be delivered, you need proper MX type DNS records to tell others to connect to correct server for delivery.

Here is what i have done.  Inside iredmail under domains and relay i have the correct information in.  But lets say blah@fantrax.com wants to send out to blah2@fantrax.com it says no such virtual mail box which means its still trying to send it to a local mail box.  I want it to send it to our actual mail servers (gmail).  Thanks for the help so far my friends.

Please move this one back.  I am the Systems Administrator for Fantrax which we do own a copy of iRedMail (paid edition).  Thank you.

tazz wrote:

we do own a copy of iRedMail (paid edition).

Thanks for your purchase.

With iRedAdmin-Pro, try steps below:

*) Keep Postfix 'relayhost =' setting.
*) Login to iRedAdmin-Pro, go to domain profile page of fantrax.com, click tab "Relay". You can see the 3rd input field is "Relay outgoing email to". Try to use "smtp:[127.0.0.1]" (without quotes) as its value.

Let me know whether or not it works for you.

I have already done option #2.  Right now the only problem is when someone sends from blah@blah.com to blah2@blah.com it says no such virtual mail box which means its trying to deliver locally.  We need it to deliver emails to blah.com to our actual email service provider (gmail).   Everything else works.  Please let me know.  Thank you.

Then use 'smtp:[smtp.gmail.com]' as the relay instead.