- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello!

I've got some mail-list configured and up to now I've set the accesspolicy to domain, so just users of the same domain can send to these lists.

But I would like to allow one address from another domain to send emails to these lists as well How can I realize this?

Thanks in advance!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Allow sending to mail list just to some addresses

wow, sounds like we hit a wall.

iRedAPD plugin "ldap_maillist_access_policy" (and "sql_alias_access_policy") doesn't support this restriction. Maybe we should add some new policy like "domain users and extra users"?

Would be great to have such a functionality! In our school we have a lot of use cases for this.

Did you try to use policy "membersandmoderatorsonly" (Members and Moderators only)? And list extra users as Moderators.

Currently moderators are not real moderator who can manage the mailing list, so i think this policy should work (but not ideal, because someday in the future we may migrate moderators to the REAL moderators.)

membersandmoderatorsonly doesn't fully meet my requirements because everyone from my domain should be able to send emails to the list plus some externals.

ok, i see 2 issues in our plugins:

- we should always allow moderators to send email to mailing lists
- we need extra ldap attr or sql column to store extra users which are allowed to send to this mailing list.

As mentioned above: would be great to see this in future iRedMail-Releases!

Additionaly it would be great to have the possibility to allow a group (maybe another mailinglist) sending emails to a mailinglist.

alex42 wrote:

Additionaly it would be great to have the possibility to allow a group (maybe another mailinglist) sending emails to a mailinglist.

Noted, on my todo list now. smile

Hello Ired Admin,

Do you have any solution for this issue?

In upcoming iRedAPD release, moderators are always allowed to send email to mailing list.