1 (edited by hifall 2017-02-01 16:12:44)

Topic: Quote for paid custom service.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, I'd like to get a quote for the following services, if available. I know that you offer paid tickets for issues, but I am not sure if this scenario fits into that model.

I need to set up an email server on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (the server is located in China). After setup, I need:
1 be able to receive/send emails in a webmail UI to several mainstream email services in China, without being labelled as SPAM;
2 expose an IMAP server on the internet, which allows me to use PHP's built-in IMAP functions to retrieve the emails;
3 expose an SMTP server on the internet, which allows me to use PHP (specifically PHPMailer) to connect to it to send emails to main stream email services;

In short, I'd like a machine that's correctly set up, turnkey for development, suitable for production.

Currently I've set up iRedmail on my machine, but am running into various issues. I'd like to have your expert help, if possible.

If this sounds reasonable, let me know about the quote.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Quote for paid custom service.

Dear hifall,

Yes we offer paid iRedMail installation support. Your requests are covered in a normal iRedMail installation, so it will be $99. Check our support page:
http://www.iredmail.org/support.html

But no guarantee that your email won't be labelled as SPAM by receivers, because it's out of our control.
Contact us: http://www.iredmail.org/contact.html

Thanks for the reply.

If all the requirements mentioned in the first post can be met (except the SPAM thing), I will go ahead and place the order.

Also, I'd like to watch while you perform the installation on the VPS -- would that be okay for you? This means you'd need to share your screen while you are logged into the VPS. This would help me figure out how to fix the problems I encountered.

Also, I need instructions on how to expose the SMTP server on the internet, so that PHPMailer can use it to send emails, after you have performed the installation.

hifall wrote:

Also, I'd like to watch while you perform the installation on the VPS -- would that be okay for you? This means you'd need to share your screen while you are logged into the VPS. This would help me figure out how to fix the problems I encountered.

Not ok for us.
Our remote installation support doesn't include screen sharing, that's slow and takes too much time. I will give you a short instruction to show you how to perform the installation in mainland china.

hifall wrote:

Also, I need instructions on how to expose the SMTP server on the internet, so that PHPMailer can use it to send emails, after you have performed the installation.

SMTP, POP3, IMAP are all exposed on the internet out-of-box.

Somehow I am not able to pay by clicking the button on the installation page -- I can try to pay you by  entering your Paypal account directly in Paypal dashboard.

Is your account paypal@iredmail.org? If so, I can deposit to that account directly.

Thanks!

我打过电话去 Paypal 的客服,他们说支付失败的原因是因为我们双方的账户都是中国账户,目前不支持转账。

你有其他的转账方式吗?比如说微信支付?最好不用支付宝,因为我没有支付宝。

直接从 http://www.iredmail.org/pricing.html 页面点击购买也不行?
微信可以:zhanghuangbin。