Topic: How to make local daemons still be able to send out emails

==== Required information ====
- 0.9.5-1
- CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
- PGSQL
- Apache
====
After installing iRedMail my local daemons can't send out emails any more. I am testing with "sendmail receiver@domain" and get a "Relay access denied" error in maillog.

After looking into your support forums I found two possible options: 1) authenticate all local email sent which I find very complicated to add to every daemon I have, and 2) add my server's IP to mynetworks.

What I don't understand is: Email from localhost should already allowed without authentication because /etc/postfix/main.cf contains mynetworks = 127.0.0.1.

However the logs say:
Jan 22 00:25:02 www1 postfix/postscreen[14647]: CONNECT from [144.76.x.y]:37336 to [127.0.0.1]:25
Jan 22 00:25:02 www1 postfix/postscreen[14647]: PASS OLD [144.76.x.y]:37336
Jan 22 00:25:02 www1 postfix/smtpd[14648]: connect from xx.yy[144.76.x.y]

even for local connections e.g. when I do telnet localhost 25.

So just to debug I added my servers IP 144.76.x.y to /etc/postfix/main.cf mynetworks. Then I found that I also had to add it to /opt/iredapd/settings.py MYNETWORKS and even to amavisd.conf @inet_acl. But even after adding the IP thru there I got a Blocked MTA-BLOCKED error from amavisd.

Please give me a clue why email from the local machine is not properly whitelisted to go out.

(If email can't go out because of the design of iRedMail and Postfix, do you have any idea how I can make sendmail work again to deliver from daemons to external mail addresses? E.g. make it connect to a different port, where I run a local sendmail service on while postfix is running on the standard port?)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to make local daemons still be able to send out emails

Email sent with "sendmail" program should be queued directly without smtp authentication, and it doesn't go through port 25/587.

pmerle wrote:

So just to debug I added my servers IP 144.76.x.y to /etc/postfix/main.cf mynetworks. Then I found that I also had to add it to /opt/iredapd/settings.py MYNETWORKS and even to amavisd.conf @inet_acl. But even after adding the IP thru there I got a Blocked MTA-BLOCKED error from amavisd.
Please give me a clue why email from the local machine is not properly whitelisted to go out.

I'm confused here, what are you going to do? what's the expected result?

For normal email sending, no additional changes are required, just send with smtp authentication is ok.