- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I am trying to authenticate from an external VPS server to my iRedmail Pro server using SMTP to send out emails. I am able successfully authenticate (from an app running on the VPS) via SMTP to the iRemail server. The log on the app (running in VPS) even shows that it was able to sent out the email. However, I receive no emails on the other end. So, it appears the iRedmail either accepting those emails and not sending them out to the intended destination OR it is quietly dropping them.

Things I have done so far:
- Modified the /etc/postfix/main.cf file added the IP address of the VPS server to "mynetworks" and restarted postfix.
- Whitelisted the VPS IP within the iRedMail Pro
- Whitelisted the VPS IP within the IRedMail Pro for GreyListing
- Whitelisted the VPS IP in fail2ban and restarted it
- Modified the settings in the app (running in VPS) to use a different SMTP server and the destination emails arrive just fine. So, it is nothing to do with the app or the VPS server running the app.

Any idea what else I might be missing here?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMTP relaying through iRedMail Pro

You missed the most important part: check Postfix log file to figure out what happened to the sent email.
Please try to send email again, and extract related log from Postfix log file for troubleshooting.

Thanks! I did forget to check the most important thing... and the following is what I found out from the log.

Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username

Now, I understand what that message means and why it is happening, but is there a way to overcome this problem? I prefer to use one single service account for SMTP auth, however the app will be sending emails as serviceaccount@my.domain.com, serviceaccount2@mydomain.com, etc.

Sure, easy: Add below setting in /opt/iredapd/settings.py, list the service account in it, then restart iredapd service.

ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS = ['service@mydomain.com']

Note: 'service@mydomain.com' is the email address you used for smtp auth.

== UPDATE ==

I updated doc to explain this issue with solution:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/errors.htm … e-username

Done. It works now. Thanks for your assistance.