1 (edited by Albux 2010-09-06 17:06:25)

Topic: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

Hello,

just installed an iRedmail 0.6.1 on a fresh ubuntu 10.04 x64 and I have postfix-policyd crashing with this syslog entry:
postfix-policyd: fatal: didn't find priority 'LOG_IFOO', exiting

I thought about a typo in the conf file so I've checked the postfix-policyd.conf but the Syslog facility is ok with LOG_INFO well written.

I tried a grep with log_ifoo in the whole /etc directory with no success.

So for the moment I had to disable the check_policy 127.0.0.1:10031 in the main.cf and not run postfix-policyd

I have already done about 15 installations of iRedmail but this the first 0.6.1 and the first ubuntu 10.04...

Does anyone have the same bug?

Thanks

Alberto

2

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

Looks like a typo error. Check config file first, it should be something like this:

SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL | LOG_INFO"

3

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

Hi Zhuang,

as I said in the previous message I thought exactly the same thing, I've already checked the /etc/postfix-policyd.conf and the /etc/postfix-policyd_sender_throttle.conf and everything is OK.

I really have no idea from where this LOG_IFOO can be...



ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Looks like a typo error. Check config file first, it should be something like this:

SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL | LOG_INFO"

4

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

I got the exact same problem.

Ubuntu 10.4- x64, iredmail 0.6.1

5

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s … ion/123967

seem is Ubuntu bug.

6

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

Solved for the moment with a pretty dirty hack, modifying the /etc/postfix-policyd.conf   and    /etc/postfix-policyd_sender_throttle.conf   at the line containing the SYSLOG FACILITY as follows:

SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL | LOG_ERR"

restarted postfix-policyd and postfix, everything looks ok now.

7

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

That's odd...

8

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

That's odd...

I agree...

probably a typo in the postfix-policyd source?

9

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

I have the same identical problem. Solved has suggested by Albux. Thank's!
I came from a double upgrade.

10

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

Sorry to dig out such an old thread.
But the "problem" is still valid with the current 0.7.0-beta2 release.

The "workaround" is working, but the bug with postfix-policyd is still there.
Is there an ETA for a possible solution?

11

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

derchris wrote:

Sorry to dig out such an old thread.
But the "problem" is still valid with the current 0.7.0-beta2 release.

The "workaround" is working, but the bug with postfix-policyd is still there.
Is there an ETA for a possible solution?


I solve with this in the configuration file:

from:  SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL | LOG_INFO"

to: SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL | LOG_ERR"

and then restart

Bye

12

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

Casa.it wrote:
derchris wrote:

Sorry to dig out such an old thread.
But the "problem" is still valid with the current 0.7.0-beta2 release.

The "workaround" is working, but the bug with postfix-policyd is still there.
Is there an ETA for a possible solution?


I solve with this in the configuration file:

from:  SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL | LOG_INFO"

to: SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL | LOG_ERR"

and then restart

Bye

That is the workaround I was refering to.
It is still a bug within postfix-policyd.
Most likely not something which iredmail can do about it.
But still something which needs to be fixed.

13

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

derchris wrote:

That is the workaround I was refering to.
It is still a bug within postfix-policyd.
Most likely not something which iredmail can do about it.
But still something which needs to be fixed.

It's definetely an Ubuntu Bug. I've encountered it only on 10.04 - 64 bits.
On the 32 bits version it's OK.

14 (edited by ethereo 2011-07-17 14:56:26)

Re: Fatal error policyd, 'LOG_IFOO' - possible bug? [SOLVED]

this is not an ubuntu bug, it was opened and solved on debian bus report system
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=619276

You have not tried to take away un-needed spaces from:

#
# syslog facility
#
#   what syslog facility to log to
#
SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL | LOG_INFO"

to get

SYSLOG_FACILITY="LOG_MAIL|LOG_INFO"

as pointed out by  Ondřej Surý, there anissue on strcpy that fails to read
"LOG_MAIL | LOG_INFO"

I found it trying to use LOG_WARN instaed og LOG_INFO and this was the error:

 /usr/lib/postfix-policyd/cleanup -c /etc/postfix-policyd.conf

Message from syslogd@server at Jul 17 08:31:09 ...
 cleanup: fatal: didn't find priority 'LOG_WRNN', exiting

LOG_WRNN is not LOG_WARN, indeed smile

so the lamp watched on wink

without spaces it was able to read facility

/usr/lib/postfix-policyd/cleanup -c /etc/postfix-policyd.conf

Message from syslogd@server at Jul 17 08:31:39 ...
 cleanup: fatal: didn't find priority 'LOG_WARN', exiting

using "LOG_MAIL|LOG_INFO" it works like a charm:

root@server: /etc # /usr/lib/postfix-policyd/cleanup -c /etc/postfix-policyd.conf
root@server: /etc #