Topic: Trying to whitelist sbcglobal.net

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): /etc/iredmail-releas
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 7, 7.2.1511 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I am trying to whitelist a firend, so I get emails quicker from him. 

The command I use is:

cd /opt/iredapd/tools
    python spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py sbcglobal.net

I have not had success whitelisting his domain.
from /etc/log/maillog:  (I changed my domain to xx.com, and his email address to yy)

Dec 10 10:08:23 mx postfix/smtpd[24022]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from nm49-vm0.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com[98.138.121.128]: 451 4.7.1 <dave@xx.com>: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection,
please try again later; from=<yy@sbcglobal.net> to=<dave@xx.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<nm49-vm0.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
Dec 10 10:11:38 mx postfix/smtpd[24626]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from nm49-vm0.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com[98.138.121.128]: 451 4.7.1 <dave@xx.com>: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection,
please try again later; from=<yy@sbcglobal.net> to=<dave@xx.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<nm49-vm0.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
Dec 10 10:15:23 mx postfix/smtpd[25370]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from nm49-vm0.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com[98.138.121.128]: 451 4.7.1 <dave@xx.com>: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection,

Pinging sbcglobal returns no data (so I suspect this might be the problem), and I have tried to whitelist yahoo.com and att.net, because I think they bought sbc.   Still no luck.

The spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py command seems to work for other email domains I have whitelisted, (bestbuy.com, costco.com, etc). 

How can I determine what domain to whitelist?

Thanks,
Dave

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Trying to whitelist sbcglobal.net

daavek wrote:

if this domain name doesn't have valid / correct spf dns record, whitelisting it with spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py is not working. Please use tool "/opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py" instead.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
daavek wrote:

if this domain name doesn't have valid / correct spf dns record, whitelisting it with spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py is not working. Please use tool "/opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py" instead.

I did this command:

python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --whitelist-domain --from @sbcglobal.net

and this:

python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --list-whitelist-domains

shows:
sbcglobal.net

I am still seeing a delay of 30 minutes, and the log shows:
Dec 13 08:23:27 mx postfix/smtpd[6825]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from nm33-vm2.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com[98.138.229.66]: 451 4.7.1 <dave@xx.com>: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection, please try again later; from=<yy@sbcglobal.net> to=<dave@xx.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<nm33-vm2.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>

You should run this:

python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --disable --from '@sbcglobal.net'
python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --list

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You should run this:
python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --disable --from '@sbcglobal.net'
python /opt/iredapd/tools/greylisting_admin.py --list

Ah, I wondered about the disable option.  That seems to have fixed the problem.  Thank you!